Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: awsome hd info?

Quote Originally Posted by DouglasQuaid View Post
    if youre a member of hdbits you know that Eureka are very overrated and are amateurs at best

Hopefully they get their shit together
    Indeed.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    I am a member of HDbits and do use the site as my main HD source. I just dont feel the need to go bashing other groups.

Maybe there is some feud in the past that I am unaware of (dont keep up on the torrent drama anymore), But I dont see any reason to say "Eureka are shite.". There are more constructive ways to get your point across...
    Last edited by That1Guy; 04-19-2009 at 07:00 PM. Reason: kant spel gud :P
    DO NOT PM me 4 invites thanks

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    sperm's Avatar lol BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Unstable1 View Post
    Eureka produce rubbish encodes. They've even been known to produce encodes which are larger than the bluray source!! They use the same encoding parameters for most of their encodes. They think they know better than the film-makers by adding grain to some of their releases. They use sharpening filters when they shouldn't. I could go on.

Eureka = epic fail.
    I've been watching a few Eureka encodes recently and am really impressed by the quality and the fact that they are all encoded with DXVA enabled (Hardware Acceleration).

I like CtrlHD and ESiR releases but I'm coming to the conclusion that Eureka encodes offer better picture quality.
    make your mind up!!!
    Last edited by sperm; 04-20-2009 at 02:28 PM. Reason: typo

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    lmao, nice find (im much to lazy).

So either he was banned and pist off. Or (more likely) he is pissed off about losing upload do to the past F'ups.

I will admit is kind of annoying, and will probably make me wait a while before I use the site again once it resets.
    DO NOT PM me 4 invites thanks

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    How is Eureka's quality anyways?

All I know is that they seem to do only 1080p rips and their rips are huge. That's why I don't get them. I only get 720p which are usually 4.3gigs. I have to say that ESiR is ok but the best quality rips I have found are from wiki. Too bad there aren't many releases out there from them. Although I heard HDChina is their home so there might be a good selection there.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by sperm View Post
    I've been watching a few Eureka encodes recently and am really impressed by the quality and the fact that they are all encoded with DXVA enabled (Hardware Acceleration).

I like CtrlHD and ESiR releases but I'm coming to the conclusion that Eureka encodes offer better picture quality.
    make your mind up!!!
    Lol. I was half expecting that.

Basically, I've changed my mind since learning more about HD encoding. For a while, I thought Eureka were good, but I was basing that opinion on just a couple of encodes and was fooled by the use of sharpening filters.

I know better now.

There was a time when I thought 700mb XVids were great quality. We live and learn.

Quote Originally Posted by That1Guy View Post
    lmao, nice find (im much to lazy).

So either he was banned and pist off. Or (more likely) he is pissed off about losing upload do to the past F'ups.

I will admit is kind of annoying, and will probably make me wait a while before I use the site again once it resets.
    Completey wrong. I'm not even a member of "Awesome HD" and never will be. I've never been banned from any website, never mind Eureka's.

Quote Originally Posted by saulin View Post

All I know is that they seem to do only 1080p rips and their rips are huge. T

That's because (like I said earlier) they apply extra effects to their encodes, like grain and sharpening filters. Basically, they do not encode with the aim of transparency to the source. They think they know better than the film-makers and use sharping filters and grain in their encodes, sometimes resulting in encodes which are bigger than the bluray source!! They also compensate for their lack of encoding skill by upping the bit-rate to ridiculously high levels, which significantly increases the file sizes.

Thanks to HDBits, I now understand why Eureka are poo, and I'm big enough to admit that my original opinion of them was wrong.
    Last edited by Unstable1; 04-20-2009 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Which releases are you talking about, Unstable1? I've only seen 1 release by EuReKa that had the grain effects applied and that was their Batman Begins rip.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by saulin View Post

All I know is that they seem to do only 1080p rips and their rips are huge.
    This is not true. They do release 720p rips also, the size varies between 4.5-8GB.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashed View Post
    Which releases are you talking about, Unstable1? I've only seen 1 release by EuReKa that had the grain effects applied and that was their Batman Begins rip.
    I second this. Would really like to know which rips he is talking about.

Eureka releases are usually of good, sometimes even excellent quality. And as far as size is concerned, even ESiR releases can exceed 20GB a movie (60GB for a trilogy).

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    They release 90% at least in 1080p, I have not seen many 720p at all. At least not right now. Maybe in the past they released a few 720p rips.
    Last edited by saulin; 04-20-2009 at 09:10 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    The majority of their releases are 1080p indeed, but occasionally, they do release 720p rips, usually the same movie in both resolutions, 1080p and 720p.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast