Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Canadian Legal Loophole Justifies File Sharing?

Originally posted by Blue_Savannah@29 September 2003 - 01:27
    I LOVE being Canadian....and I also think putting a tax levy on recordable media was a very smart and cool idea...the "artists" get their money and we get our music..everyone wins!!! CANADA ROCKS!!!
    Well the levy is a joke, but makes a good loopole if it is called that. Like all canadain laws companies just refuse and we say, well uh, ya really should do it. I sure do not pay the levy.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Double Agent
    I pay cash for my cds, i dont take receipts i dont pay any levies, owners dont have to pay shit in taxes

we are all winners

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Sure you pay the levy. You just don't notice it. We're used to overpaying for things.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Double Agent
    sometimes I travel to China, just to bring an empty suitcase and comes back with a suitcase full of cds. customs can't do shit about it

and that's about what I need for the year anyways

ps. and it's fucking heavy too, had to sweet talk to the check in girl to pass

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    I pay $12.00 for 10 Sony Cd-r at Wal-Mart...I think that's reasonable and fair...and it keeps the artists from whining about getting paid (in Canada, anyway&#33

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Originally posted by Blue_Savannah@29 September 2003 - 23:58
    I pay $12.00 for 10 Sony Cd-r at Wal-Mart...I think that's reasonable and fair...and it keeps the artists from whining about getting paid (in Canada, anyway&#33 
    I pay 25 for 50 @ wal-mart in Canada. Wal mart is one of a few american companies that refuse to apply the levy.

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    I live in canada!! And u know what, i'm gonna take 30 seconds to brag about it.

1. Canada has the best internet resources in the world.
    2. Canada is more advanced than US in technology.
    3. File sharing isn't illegal.
    4. Direct connections with other users are faster.
    5. My send speed is 1Mbps and is being upgraded soon.

Yeah, that's my little canada brag thing.. Don't ya'll love us. Oh oh, also our itnernet is the cheapest.

In regina, saskatchewan, dialup si $4.00 a month for unlimited.
    High speed DSL or cable is as a low as $35 a month for 1MB up/down for cable, and 1.5MB down and .5 MB up for DSL.

common, move to canada.!

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    OH, and CD prices, i pay $25 for 100. Without cases o'course, but still, that's really good. I burn a lot :.

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Originally posted by mikelc2@30 September 2003 - 01:11
    I live in canada!! And u know what, i'm gonna take 30 seconds to brag about it.

1. Canada has the best internet resources in the world.
    Bragging about Canada is great. But this is quite false, north america? unquestionably, but many european countries have much stronger backbones than does canada.

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Oh, no there have been MANY many tests made. We have the most powerful itnterent connections in the world. At your home, in cities populated by at least 50,000, you can get a 100MBPS connection at yuor home. That is a personal package, you can get extremely high business packages here. Most of the US's Interet resources come from Vancouver BC and Toronto Ontario.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast