Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112

Thread: Swedish trackers shuts down

It's the lobby groups that have managed to heavily influence all filesharing / "piracy" related decisions in the last few years, not just in the EU.

But it's not like it can't be reversed, if there is a political will, and enough people willing to support it. These "anti-piracy" laws are just one aspect of the out-of-control surveillance and tracking delusion, the 1984-like erosion of civil liberties. Something needs to be done about this, and the more people are affected by it, the more likely it is that it will.

Quote Originally Posted by Quasit View Post
    Have other contries really done so much against bittorrent sites? Only I can think of is EliteTorrents and Oink. Other sites have only been forced to shutdown or move. Nothing has been done against their admins and staff.
    edonkey / emule indexing sites, e.g. ShareReactor? What's the difference?
    Last edited by shipwreck; 04-22-2009 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. BitTorrent   -   #112
    Dretskol's Avatar Teh scammer BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by DouglasQuaid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gueriLLaPunK View Post

Just saw that... that sucks.

So far no news being posted on TL, SCC, and ScT. I doubt they will close down.
    TL is hosted in USA, ScT is germany, SCC is in Canada.
    Im more worried about HDBits (sweden)
    You have no reasons to be worried, HDBits is NOT hosted in Sweden.

3. BitTorrent   -   #113
    Sylar666's Avatar Kingpin BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Lobby groups reached their short -term goals: they created fear, confusion, and perplexity. Nobody wants to take the risk, not giving away even the slightest chance to get busted and pinched. Which is fair enough. Still, the battle might have been won, but the war is far from over! Go Pirates!
    A malis vituperari laus est.

4. BitTorrent   -   #114
    Poster BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    scenehd is closing on 28th

5. BitTorrent   -   #115

6. BitTorrent   -   #116
    Roooney's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I belive these trackers will be up and running again someday. We just have to wait until TPB case is finished, and if they win that case everything will be normal again.

7. BitTorrent   -   #117
    Hostile Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Roooney View Post
    I belive these trackers will be up and running again someday. We just have to wait until TPB case is finished, and if they win that case everything will be normal again.
    It's hard to go back to anything resembling "normal" after this epic shitstorm of site closings and fearmongering. They might return, but they'll never be the same.

8. BitTorrent   -   #118
    Sylar666's Avatar Kingpin BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I don't share Your optimism. Bittorent will be done within 2 years (give 1-2 years up and down). I reckon technology will evolve. New, more secure solutions will prevail. We're gonna smash the bastards, eventually.
    A malis vituperari laus est.

9. BitTorrent   -   #119
    BANNED BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar666 View Post
    I don't share Your optimism. Bittorent will be done within 2 years (give 1-2 years up and down). I reckon technology will evolve. New, more secure solutions will prevail. We're gonna smash the bastards, eventually.
    I dont share that optimism either, with this going, more and more sites will be closed. Yet filesharing will continue, at worst, we would be using mirc as a download solution. But it will continue, there is just no way, they can actually completely stop piracy. They can only stop it being so widespread.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112