Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Motherboad & Bios

Poster
    Originally posted by liquidacid@22 September 2003 - 21:58
    First off. Swapping Hard Drives between two machines is never going to work. All the drivers installed, particularly for the mobo, are specific to each machines components.

I suggest you try auto detecting your hard drives in your machines bios, as suggested by Livy. If that doesn't work, you should try resetting your cmos. To do this you'll need to look at your mobo's manual; if you don't have it go to the manufacturers website. It's really easy, just a case of removing, or moving, a jumper from a switch on your motherboard for a short time.

I doubt there'll be any real problems with the disc itself, but i wouldn't swap between yours and your friends again.
    doesnt seem to be a cmos jumper setting for this one the disk is working fine its just every time i boot up i get this detecting screen and the message:-
    "MBU1 TRA 133{PDC20276} BIOS IS NOT INSTALLED BECAUSE THERE WERE NO DRIVES ATTACHED" BUT THEN IT JUST LOADS WINDOWS IM LOST ANY MORE IDEAS?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    lynx's Avatar .
    That message is from the raid ide controller. You have it enabled, but there are no drives attached, so it disables the bios for that device. You can stop that message by disabling the controller in bios settings.

I get exactly the same sort of message from my scsi controller - I have a zip drive and a cd player attached, neither of which is bootable so it disables the bios.

However, it won't do any harm if you leave it as it is.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12