Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: I think I don't like games anymore

Totti's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21
    Quote Originally Posted by inthistwilight View Post
    Going back to the earlier posts....remember when games used to be hard? I mean controller throwing stand up and throw a string of expletives at the screen while playing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on the NES (I still never beat that game). Battletoads also took a crazy amount of time from my life

Games nowadays are just plain too easy. And the hard modes just basically increase the amount of damage you take, they're not designed for as much skill anymore. I miss truly having to work at a boss. The satisfaction you get when you finally take them down is compared to no other.

Another example and then I'll quit . I remember playing Final Fantasy 2 (USA) and spending HOURS leveling up Rydia before the last boss just so she would get high enough to get Meteo, just so I could have a shot at beating the boss.
    The old snes and nes games are the best i can play them forever i have just started playing zelda a link to the past for the first time and
    it's great

2. Games   -   #42
    I could beat contra with 1 guy. Not sure how special that makes me but none of my friends could do it.

3. Games   -   #43
    inthistwilight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Totti View Post
    The old snes and nes games are the best i can play them forever i have just started playing zelda a link to the past for the first time and
    it's great
    A Link to the Past is probably my favorite Zelda game of all time.
    When it was first coming out, they did a pre-review of it in Nintendo Power and I was immediately sold. I remember that game taking a LONG time to release too. This was before all this fancy "internet" business too, where you could just look up when an item was going to be released. I called Toys R Us for weeks just asking them if they had it in yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by jedispork View Post
    I could beat contra with 1 guy. Not sure how special that makes me but none of my friends could do it.
    That's quite a feat. I used the konami code and almost all my lives to beat that game.

Those were the days, one shot....dead.

4. Games   -   #44
    kooltilldend's Avatar One n Only BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by inthistwilight View Post
    Going back to the earlier posts....remember when games used to be hard? I mean controller throwing stand up and throw a string of expletives at the screen while playing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on the NES (I still never beat that game). Battletoads also took a crazy amount of time from my life

Games nowadays are just plain too easy. And the hard modes just basically increase the amount of damage you take, they're not designed for as much skill anymore. I miss truly having to work at a boss. The satisfaction you get when you finally take them down is compared to no other.

Another example and then I'll quit . I remember playing Final Fantasy 2 (USA) and spending HOURS leveling up Rydia before the last boss just so she would get high enough to get Meteo, just so I could have a shot at beating the boss.
    if you like SHMUP's then there are still a number of them that will get you screaming in frustration ^^

5. Games   -   #45
    But I like games so much though I am not playing any games now. Because these games give me a good brain storming. And I wanna revive myself to play games..

6. Games   -   #46
    I am also tired of my XBOX 360..... thinking about sellin it with my 10+ games lol.....

it was fun though... but it got boring
    Last edited by DubDub; 11-30-2009 at 01:45 AM.

7. Games   -   #47
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by DubDub View Post
    I am also tired of my XBOX 360..... thinking about sellin it with my 10+ games lol.....

it was fun though... but it got boring
    Same with me and my PS3 and PSP. I'm still using my PS3 as a Media Center.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

8. Games   -   #48
    BANNED BT Rep: +4
    I don't like games because is a waste of time ... when i don't pass a level i broke the computer

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345