Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Nikkid's Axeman

Poster
    Since I saw Jonno doing Sweet child of mine I devoted to learning as much of it as I could today, i've been practising it for about 5 hours now and can only do the first two bars...and not very smoothly

Ho Hum >_<

<span style='color:blue'>Ladies and Gentlemen, John Frusciante</span>

2. Lounge   -   #32
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Never mind. Perseverance is the key&#33;&#33;

3. Lounge   -   #33
    JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Ok I will be honest here, I actually took what EZ and GS said pretty hard and needed some time to get my head round it.
    After reading it and watching my vids and knowing what I know I realise what both of you are saying.
    My trouble has always been I wanna learn it now, which is why so much is made up from tapping and rapid pick hammers/pulloffs, purley.
    The part in sweet child where I do that is because I had a lot of trouble playing that part, even though it&#39;s slower it&#39;s quite complicated, therefore I done something that is twice as fast and totally made up but sounds less real.

I really do thank you guys for your advice and will follow it

btw, no excuses but I really can play better than that, all of those vids I was very pissed , I had to be to play for the cam.
    That is not an excuse, that is fact

@Jacks, you really are an angel but you so biased
    This girl will be overtaking me soon guys

@Monk..........Sweet Child was the first song I learnt end to end, I started learning it 5 months after starting to learn and it took me 18 months to get to what you have seen
    With that said, that is partly the reason I never learnt the other licks and fills properly, I play it how I know it, but that will soon change

Thankyou all for your imput, I hope the vids raised a smile if nothing else

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

4. Lounge   -   #34
    Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@23 September 2003 - 20:08

@Jacks, you really are an angel but you so biased
    This girl will be overtaking me soon guys

Being Biased wasn&#39;t the reason for my opinion, it&#39;s a separate opinion

and..No..i wouldn&#39;t be able to take over anyone in guitar playing

5. Lounge   -   #35
    You know what I mean

Here speaks a lady with the voice of an angel and the passion to do what she wants

Even more than me

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

6. Lounge   -   #36
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    I&#39;ve watched Sweet child and welcome to the jungle and I&#39;ve gotta say you&#39;re good. Unfortunately I&#39;m not a very musically gifted kinda guy so I cant offer any advice apart from keep playing&#33;&#33; I think I can see a bit of your own style developing in the tracks and you should remember that a great player will make each chord, riff and lick his own so don&#39;t get to disheartened if you don&#39;t sound like slash&#33;&#33;
    Anyways, thats enough of my amateur, quite probaly bullshit advice....
    You&#39;ve inspired me to go buy my bass back of my mate and give Maxwells Murder one more try B)

7. Lounge   -   #37
    Don&#39;t like Slash????????????

He is my god

No , your opinion as well as everyone elses means alot to me
    Thankyou for your opinion, and I&#39;m glad you liked them

I done them to make people smile and to show people that I can play guitar, I never said anywhere ever that I was good, but I posted this so you all could make up your own minds

Thanks again

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

8. Lounge   -   #38
    Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@23 September 2003 - 20:36
    You know what I mean

Here speaks a lady with the voice of an angel and the passion to do what she wants

Even more than me

Jonno B)
    That&#39;s Not True&#33;&#33;

@ Namzu...I&#39;m pleased someone said that about a great player making each chord, riff etc his own.

/me goes back to hiding instead

9. Lounge   -   #39
    Originally posted by Jackstermj@23 September 2003 - 20:54

That&#39;s Not True&#33;&#33;

I&#39;m sorry Jacks, you know I luv ya but it&#39;s true

Guys, this girl has an amazing vioce and more passion than me and Jimi H put together and one day she will be famouse, she&#39;s just starting out with a little help from me and I think she will supass me once she has got the bug

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

10. Lounge   -   #40
    Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@23 September 2003 - 21:01

I&#39;m sorry Jacks, you know I luv ya but it&#39;s true

Guys, this girl has an amazing vioce and more passion than me and Jimi H put together and one day she will be famouse, she&#39;s just starting out with a little help from me and I think she will supass me once she has got the bug

Jonno B)
    Aherm @ famous..I don&#39;t want to be famous but..
    Thankyou for your kind words..even though they&#39;ve made go all embarassed. I do have a drive for something if I really want to do it, no matter how long it takes me.

Jonno was talking earlier in the thread about how hard it can be, due to the lack of people close by that can help and encourage you to learn. That happened to me a couple of years ago. I was determined to learn, but for the lack of inspiration and encouragement around it fell by the way side. Since knowing Jonno, it&#39;s all come back again and with the inspiration and great encouragement I get from him, I won&#39;t ever put it down again...

Cheers Jonno

Got me own back on embarassment terms But it&#39;s true.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast