Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Nikkid's Axeman

JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    You scary I got a snake but I keep him under the leathers

Yes, Axel is the only member of Guns left, he sacked everyone, he tried to sack himself but was too stubborn to go
    Their new guitarist is Buket Head

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

2. Lounge   -   #52
    Poster
    I just listend to Apache, and I must say that it was great! You've definatley mastered the song, with so much emotion into it. Before I had only listend to Sweet Child of Mine and Welcome to the Jungle, i've heard most now, and its really good stuff... despite what it sounded as if I was saying. I think you should get more backing tracks to play along with them. Make your own perhaps? (if you can be bothered playing both guitar parts). The preformances with backing tracks are really good so search on the internet, im sure you can find a back-catalogue of total guitar backing tracks?

You should look into making some Mp3's Jonno, because the videos seem to jump a bit (probably my pc's problem. It's the lada of the pc age). Then try creating your own songs. Give it a try. Guitar-Slinger, cough, Steve Vai II, is the man to ask about such (like recording, tools... but I think he already filled you in)

To any guitarists into weird tunes, try bellow:

I recommend tuning: 1) D-G-D-G-B-D and 2) D-A-D-F#/Gb-A-D

Experiment arroud with these, playing mainly open notes with base notes (using your hands to pick). It gets a really nice 30's bluesy feel, and from there you can experiment to get strange - but really nice - sounding music, which is very doorsesque (as in jim morrisons band, like the song "the end")

with tuning (1)

Try five string slide to fret twelve, add a bit of vibrato and pluck (with fingers) the string a few times. then play the thicker strings open, slide to top string (thinest) fret five and play that with random open strings then do the same on fret 3 and then maybe add a bit of

||----------------------------------------------------------------||
    ||----------------------------------------------------------------||
    ||----------0--0--0--0--0--0--0--0----0-----------------------||
    ||-----5----3--------2--------1---------0----------0------------||
    ||--0-----------------------------------------2/4----------------||
    ||----------3--------3--------1---------0----------------0~-----||

It sounds very Robert Johnsonesque, probably is a part of his song . That was a blues example of what you can do, but experiment with these tunings and some nice songs will be discovered. Never be afraid to tune your gutiar to wacky tunings.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456