Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Board Error.

Originally posted by balamm@23 September 2003 - 03:30
    Darker, there are some gifs associated with the site which may not be gifs at all. I've had a look at them and they lock up the sytem every time.

Three of them I've identified are in klboard.ath.cx/bb/uploads

There's a few associated with cyberwebextreme that may not be what they appear either. I'm not sure if it's just a windows thing, it may not affect your system at all, but windows locks up or crashes everytime I get near one of those.
    Hi,

there are no files in the uploads folder on this server but it is possible that some posts contain images which are linked to the old server (maybe IP inserts)

It is possible that your system crashes because of fake images etc - I don't know the old server setup at all - but then again nothing that I can do about since it doesnt come from this server. Maybe VB is able to just delete all files in the old uploads folder if he still has access to the old server.

Hope that answers your question

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #12
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    What about dynamic images, dont they pose a threat.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #13
    Originally posted by nikita69@23 September 2003 - 03:35
    not sure if this relates to what is currently happening, yet i'm experiencing on and off slow, if not a time out, connection to the board only.
    Edit: especially posting (upload)
    Everything should run normal since the reboot - I checked the usage and it's fine too - if somebody else has troubles with speed let me know and i will investigate but it looks nice here right now

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #14
    Originally posted by Shad0w Hacker@23 September 2003 - 03:40
    What about dynamic images, dont they pose a threat.
    Well to tell you the truth if I was admin I would not allow any images from outside the server cause they can contain virusses and can also be fake images.

Another negative thing is that you can get a lot of data from an image (like a users IP address / browser / referer / system and much more)

But then again it's not my "job" to think about this issue - that would be VBs / Paul's job

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #15
    Another negative thing is that you can get a lot of data from an image (like a users IP address / browser / referer / system and much more)
    I knew they contained virus's but didnt know that it can get information like that.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #16
    yes they do and there are a bunch of them around the board. Speed is back to now. thx darker.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #17
    Originally posted by nikita69@22 September 2003 - 19:11
    yes they do and there are a bunch of them around the board. Speed is back to now. thx darker.
    Yeah, i even use them but they are a threat on this board.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #18
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    Originally posted by Shad0w Hacker+22 September 2003 - 22:13--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Shad0w Hacker @ 22 September 2003 - 22:13)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-nikita69@22 September 2003 - 19:11
    yes they do and there are a bunch of them around the board.&nbsp; Speed is back to now. thx darker.
    Yeah, i even use them but they are a threat on this board. [/b][/quote]
    yea those things that say ..
    your running ie6 your ip is 26.35675.4545 and your isp is aol and urrunning win xp.. btw how do they do that?
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #19
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    its just a script, when ur computer fetches the image, it gives out this information, and the script creates the image.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #20
    Out of The Ordinary
    Code:
    http&#58;//www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg

BOT

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast