Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Soccer Sucks!

TheDave's Avatar n00b
    we dont slow down to tackle each other

2. Lounge   -   #32
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    rugby and american football are 2 very differnet sports.

remember jona lumu was unstopable at one point. well he is about the size of an american football player.

then again pads are for girlies they generally just use them to hurt each other more, without them they would probably be better off. stuff like ramming with the head would stop because you would get hurt more then the other fella.

still rugby player are allowed to face off which means basicly thrusting your open palm into an oncomig players face. and the only time these people ever stop is when something breaks or there is enough blood to paint your house with, how mad are they.

3. Lounge   -   #33
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    :'( i miss playing rugby at school :'(

4. Lounge   -   #34
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    With players like Lomu at 280lbs and able to run 100 yards in 10.8 I don't think Rugby is short of giants and speed. The reason there is no body armour is that the object of the game is different. You cannot pass forward of your position. Consequently, the other team are chasing the ball not men.

Having said that many were definitely dropped on their heads too often as babies and there have been serious injuries and deaths on Rugby Fields. Great Game though.

Anybody ever played Shinty? - now there is a game for the suicidal. I mean men! We were trooped out as kids at school to play it - sadistic lot PE teachers.

Oh Yeah football, is great too. Although my team invariable just misses relegation.

Haven't really seen much US sport - the little I have as soon as I start to get interested everything stops for an advert break. I assume in real life the games flow much better.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

5. Lounge   -   #35
    masta.z's Avatar Canadian Scot
    Originally posted by Biggles@23 September 2003 - 23:19
    Oh Yeah football, is great too. Although my team invariable just misses relegation.

Haven't really seen much US sport - the little I have as soon as I start to get interested everything stops for an advert break. I assume in real life the games flow much better.
    you assume wrong unfortunately, everytime there's adverts there's a pause in the game aswell.... also which team ya support??

I'm gonna buy a gun and start a war // if you can tell me something worth fighting for

6. Lounge   -   #36
    Originally posted by 4play@23 September 2003 - 23:08

stuff like ramming with the head would stop because you would get hurt more then the other fella.

still rugby player are allowed to face off which means basicly thrusting your open palm into an oncomig players face. and the only time these people ever stop is when something breaks or there is enough blood to paint your house with, how mad are they.
    Leading with your head is illegal in football, as is helmet to helmet contact.

I would imagine a hand to the face is about intimidation and pain, but no one ever died of a broken nose.

All kidding aside, without pads, and maintaining the same level of intensity, people would be dying weekly in American football. Maybe you could get 2 games a season before running out of players.

As I fan I enjoy those really hard hits, the one you can hear as well as see. But also, we don't want people to really get injured, so it is nice to see the other player able to get up and continue playing.

Rich Gannon enjoys a little grass between plays. While unconcious.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

7. Lounge   -   #37
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Aberdeen. It is hard to believe looking at them now that they beat Real Madrid to win the Cup Winners Cup in the 80s. Don't know how Alex Fergusson did it - I think players were just too scared to go back into the dressing room if they lost.

Come to think of it not much has changed on that front
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

8. Lounge   -   #38
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    some dude died at our school, they broke thier neck in a scrum

9. Lounge   -   #39
    Originally posted by TheDave@23 September 2003 - 23:28
    Can I suggest a helmet?
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

10. Lounge   -   #40
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    Originally posted by hobbes+23 September 2003 - 22:29--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes @ 23 September 2003 - 22:29)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TheDave@23 September 2003 - 23:28
    Can I suggest a helmet? [/b][/quote]
    probably a bit late now, it happened about 10 years ago.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast