Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Deep Fryer

KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I sometimes use a normal pot to make french fries and never had any particular problem, just don't put to much oil in it.

It always went fine except for that fire that devastated my block once, but hey...I was still learning

2. Lounge   -   #12
    TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    Use olive oil, as it is low in something. Don't use Castrol, as it is for motor vehicle use only, and not very good for frying (all those additives make the food taste funny).

(I actually know of someone who allowed her brother to change her engine oil in her moped, and it seized up because cooking oil is not very good for 2 stroke engines)

Alternatively, get yourself a wok and half fill it with oil, then fry off the chips or fries. Save yourself the cost of the fryer.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    Use olive oil, as it is low in something.
    Words of wisdom

But deep frying in olive oil must make your chicken nuggets taste pretty nasty
    Last edited by KFlint; 05-03-2009 at 07:41 PM.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I've got a fryer. It rocks.

It's not one of those tiny fuckers either. Its like this.

We'll even fried up some twinkies for dessert about a month ago. Batter them and fry 'em, them top with a tad of powdered sugar and chocolate, then server with ice cream. It's the shit.

You can reuse the oil but you wouldn't want to. One, you don't want to leave it just laying out, as it will collect dust and bugs if uncovered. Even if covered it smells like the food you cooked in it. The only way to reuse it would be to let it cool and then pour it in a container. Last and most importantly, you don't want your food to taste like whatever you last cooked (ie - you don't want tonights hot wings to taste like yesterdays shrimp).

That's also why you'll want to cook your milder foods first. Like if you're cooking onion rings and fries, cook the fries first so they don't taste like onion rings.

However, oil really isn't that expensive. I buy it for around $5/gallon.

yo

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    Use olive oil, as it is low in something.

Use peanut oil ffs.

yo

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Agrajag's Avatar Just Lame
    Use oven chips,you can get decent ones now.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    pentomato's Avatar Above the sun
    Read the instruccions, I just can't believe that guys at this day and age do not know how to make french fries, lol, did you try the internet?
    Is this thread for real?

8. Lounge   -   #18
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by pentomato View Post
    Read the instruccions, I just can't believe that guys at this day and age do not know how to make french fries, lol, did you try the internet?
    Is this thread for real?
    I didn't ask how to make french fries.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Fry us up some Mars bars, or do something else tesco.
    Now go away.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    pentomato's Avatar Above the sun
    Quote Originally Posted by tesco View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pentomato View Post
    Is this thread for real?
    I didn't ask how to make french fries.
    What did you ask? About oil?
    Ok you start a thread asking young people about what kind of oil when they don't know how to wipe their arssess? lol Sorry I had to laugh
    By the way, corn oil is the one you should go with, vegetable oil is too greasse.
    Last edited by pentomato; 05-04-2009 at 12:47 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast