Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: GFT Reopens Invite Applications

Falchion17's Avatar Poster
    Thanks for letting me know.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Did FTN ever did such a thing ?

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Sharing since 2002 BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    I wonder if i should join this site since i have the other good ones. What do you think?

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by RexNex View Post

edit:
    GFT is not down, only SSL is, so connect to the regular server

I'm trying to connect via regular site, and getting error HTTP 500 Internal Server Error.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by 0Ri0N View Post
    I wonder if i should join this site since i have the other good ones. What do you think?
    i think you should stick with what you already have.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Rilly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RexNex View Post

edit:
    GFT is not down, only SSL is, so connect to the regular server

I'm trying to connect via regular site, and getting error HTTP 500 Internal Server Error.
    Well, its off/on... Its the new server so they're still ironing out a few things.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    ah ok.. thanks i'll give it a go later

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Ð iN Ba57ArÐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Here is something that someone said a few weeks ago on a certain tracker forum:

the problem with invites is like what many have pointed out before.some people will always end up abusing them be it by selling or trading.no wonder you see some trackers these days barely give invites and if they do they don't give them for 'free' if you understand what i mean.perhaps marginally but i believe its working.you won't find an invite to pedros or sct or scc or OMG! FtN and in our case HDbits that easily because people have to be either in very high standing with the tracker(almost staff) or part with some money in appreciation for the tracker so as to obtain invites or no invites at all. I hate to say this but once hdbits reverts their decision and start giving invites again to anyone who can obtain a seedbox and seed the obvious will happen,the same problem that they have so far successfully managed to control will come back to haunt them.the only solution to getting rid of these sellers and traders is either for the tracker to not care about its level and make access easily available through things like regular staff IRC giveaways(its the in thing atm i believe) and reduce value for traders or care about its level and make it impossible to gain access by making invites unavailable or having these invites exclusive to high standing donors. besides most people donate because they care and wont want to jeopardise the tracker and perhaps to counter the notion of ''that would be like selling the invites''.the tracker can have it such that your donations dont neccessarily warrant an invite,sometimes u get sometimes u dont.As much as we would want to think otherwise,the honest truth is that the bad users are what makes most of us and its a pity.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Louie's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    How is this tracker about seeders/snatched torrents and speed?

Keep your signature in old sanskrit please.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    BANNED BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Quote Originally Posted by Juscallmesez View Post
    Here is something that someone said a few weeks ago on a certain tracker forum:

the problem with invites is like what many have pointed out before.some people will always end up abusing them be it by selling or trading.no wonder you see some trackers these days barely give invites and if they do they don't give them for 'free' if you understand what i mean.perhaps marginally but i believe its working.you won't find an invite to pedros or sct or scc or OMG! FtN and in our case HDbits that easily because people have to be either in very high standing with the tracker(almost staff) or part with some money in appreciation for the tracker so as to obtain invites or no invites at all. I hate to say this but once hdbits reverts their decision and start giving invites again to anyone who can obtain a seedbox and seed the obvious will happen,the same problem that they have so far successfully managed to control will come back to haunt them.the only solution to getting rid of these sellers and traders is either for the tracker to not care about its level and make access easily available through things like regular staff IRC giveaways(its the in thing atm i believe) and reduce value for traders or care about its level and make it impossible to gain access by making invites unavailable or having these invites exclusive to high standing donors. besides most people donate because they care and wont want to jeopardise the tracker and perhaps to counter the notion of ''that would be like selling the invites''.the tracker can have it such that your donations dont neccessarily warrant an invite,sometimes u get sometimes u dont.As much as we would want to think otherwise,the honest truth is that the bad users are what makes most of us and its a pity.
    pretty much what i said earlier.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast