View Poll Results: Should Trading be totally Stopped???

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

55 61.80%
  • No

34 38.20%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Should Trading be totally Stopped???

So I get it, the real intention of traders is to spread love and make this world a better place.

Trade for world peace! Let's have a group hug people!
    Last edited by shipwreck; 05-08-2009 at 03:49 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Poster
    I definetly think that trading should be stopped I come from very nice community that believs in antitrading

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by bilkenter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cinephilia View Post
    keep in mind that your story is an exception to the rule..
    This is why i am not against trading, there are always exceptions and noone holds right to punish them because of certain majority. Those guys shall actually be rewarded rather than silenced in bt communities. At least my opinion.
    Just 1 problem, who are these guys and how do we find them?
    Let's say a staff at a tracker says that. Suddenly a shitload of traders comes into the open and all of them say they're the good guys bilkenter was talking about @ FST.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Should starting flame wars be totally stopped???

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    AkaiDoresu's Avatar MilfHunter BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    How does trading destroy trackers security and giving away doesn't??

If you want to stop trading be objective and stop giveaways as well because they ARE both against the any tracker's rules.

BT is free even if you trade it... you don;t have to pay money. God I wish sometimes noobs didn't have any voice on this forum. One day you condemn trading and second day you ask for free invites. Who started this idiotic anti-trading, pro-giveaway fashion? They are both technically illegal practices so please noobs be quiet I understand your pain that you can't get anywhere and the easiest to blame is people who do have invites and don't want to give them to you.

Have you read the rules of any tracker? Have you? What does it say about giving away. So you dare to point out how other people break rules while you do that on a daily basis?

Kids.
    Last edited by AkaiDoresu; 05-08-2009 at 04:12 PM.
    Have a nice day.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    BANNED BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Martinator View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bilkenter View Post
    This is why i am not against trading, there are always exceptions and noone holds right to punish them because of certain majority. Those guys shall actually be rewarded rather than silenced in bt communities. At least my opinion.
    Just 1 problem, who are these guys and how do we find them?
    Let's say a staff at a tracker says that. Suddenly a shitload of traders comes into the open and all of them say they're the good guys bilkenter was talking about @ FST.
    I never said all traders are cool guyz, some are jerks no denying that. Especially if one is doing it for money, if he doesn't have a special case, then ban him without no mercy, but keep in mind, the guy you are banning might be someone with great potential. Just dont be conditioned to believe that all traders are evil, selfish, irresponsible who are actually Also, you can implement a guardian system like, someone who can vouch for that trader(especially someone who actually contributed something to the site have a nice ratio et cetera) that way we would have kinda filtering system for traders, we cant get all traders, yet we can actually diminish the victims of current perception of traders. Those guys are quite rare mate, yet most of the people that are believed to be non traders turned out to be traders in fact is using someone elses account on certain trackers. This is what i learnt in bt world. There is noone clean, most of the people are dirty. They are good guys, they definitely are willing to put their trust on other people, yet they tell staff otherwise act a lot differently. Those guys shall be revealed without any punishmend, i know some. I am sure there are a lot of guys who can vouch for the kinda traders that i am talkiing about. It is a long story really. Sorry gotta go xD study xD

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by AkaiDoresu View Post
    How does trading destroy trackers security and giving away doesn't??

If you want to stop trading be objective and stop giveaways as well because they ARE both against the any tracker's rules.

BT is free even if you trade it... you don;t have to pay money. God I wish sometimes noobs didn't have any voice on this forum. One day you condemn trading and second day you ask for free invites. Who started this idiotic anti-trading, pro-giveaway fashion? They are both technically illegal practices so please noobs be quite. I understand your pain that you can't get anywhere and the easiest to blame is people who do have invites and don't want to give them to you.

Have you read the rules of any tracker? Have you? What does it say about giving away. So you dare to point out how other people break rules while you do that on a daily basis?

Kids.
    I very rarely give my invites here and I've decided to do it in private a long time ago.

So you're saying we should all just keep our invites for our RL friends? Public GAs are against tracker rules, the ones at private forums aren't imo.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    I have never traded in my life, and I have been on private trackers from the beginnings. The only guy I invited to a site was a RL friend, and that came back to haunt me because he somehow managed to get banned (he is a relative computer illiterate, and no way has a clue about cheating and such). Took quite some effort to fix the account for him again, I don't even know if he still uses it.

So your generlisation is wrong bilkenter, there are people out there who don't trade.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    BANNED BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Quote Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
    I have never traded in my life, and I have been on private trackers from the beginnings. The only guy I invited to a site was a RL friend, and that came back to haunt me because he somehow managed to get banned (he is a relative computer illiterate, and no way has a clue about cheating and such). Took quite some effort to fix the account for him again, I don't even know if he still uses it.

So your generlisation is wrong bilkenter, there are people out there who don't trade.
    I didnt say all are same, i said most mate, as far as i remember though might be wrong because i was in rush, yet you are right. There are pure clean sheeps. But most are gray. I mean how is it that 4 out of 5 guys that i know are actually traders or traded in their past? some still are... I dont think this is coincidence mate. Even on elitist trackers, in fact, regarding u ftn fsc, most of the people that i know from those communities are pure traders. I am not saying they are not good guyz, yet they are traders. They believe in going with stream, if you are with a cheater cheat, if you are with someone anti trader, then be an anti trader.... that is how they conduct, actually it is wise too, i mean knowing that trackers dont tolerate traders, why would they say that i am a good trader knowing that they dont wanna hear it?

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    AkaiDoresu's Avatar MilfHunter BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    "IMO"...

Why don't you PM tracker staff and ask them what they think about you giving away invites on FST. Don't be surprised if you get disabled.

I'm not saying that we should keep invites for ourselves and our RL friends. This is what trackers want us to do. But I'm saying trading is as "bad" as giving away. If you think that some shitty ratio proofs are measures of security than LOL. Besides if you trade you can technically ask for ratio proofs as well. So trading from one perspective brings exactly same consqeuences onto the tracker - I was doing plenty of GA and guess what, half of my invitees from FST was disabled. If it comes to traders it's very rare you will see your invitee disabled.

So question of tracker security and other crap is irrelevant here. It's equally "destructive". The remaining question is pure ethics. Is it fine to trade it. And I will tell you that YES. It's fine because is totally up to you what you do with your invites. The only exeption is when you have to pay money. See, I was invited to many great trackers as a giveaway and I always felt gratitude so I invited these people somewhere esle as well. So even though it was technically a GA we exchanges invites just like trade. Do you consider that bad? I don't think so? Why? Because now days people (especially noobs) are getting very frustrated that they can't obtain some of the trackers they wish they had. They make request for FTN, and no one wants to invite then but in the trading section they see a guy trading FTN invite. What do these people think? - I would say they think: "What an f-in asshole... I want invite and he has one, but he won't give it to me". Here you go. I just explained why noobs are so anti-trading. It comes from pure noobness and hipocracy that isn't a pretty thing so they cover that and say "it's for tracker security puroses". BS.If you were concerned about tracker security you wouldnt even speak about this tracker on forum like this. (example E****).
    Last edited by AkaiDoresu; 05-08-2009 at 04:32 PM.
    Have a nice day.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast