Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Best Music tracker

Poster BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    By far What.CD is my favorite. Waffles has been pretty good at filling any gaps What does not have in their collection that I've looked for, but doesn't have nearly as good of organization as What does.

What also has some pretty good extras, such as auto-LOG file scoring, cross-listed contributing artist lists for compilations, artist pages, etc.

But Waffles has a cooler name so it gets bonus points there. =)
    Last edited by torrentpoptarts; 05-17-2009 at 12:13 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Member BT Rep: +2
    What.Cd for my general needs and Db9 for dubstep are my favorites.

But i still search for a house and techno tracker!

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I'm so prescient... I knew this thread was destined for pages upon pages of single sentence posts.

Honestly, there is no best music tracker. There can be one that's best for you, but technically it's not possible to name one the best overall. It depends on many factors, especially for what you're seeking. For example, if you're into mostly obscure indie music IndieTorrents is best. Looking for DnB? DB9 is best. Personally I find it useful to have a mix of all sorts of different music sites. Of course most people have different preferences, so they need different trackers.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Stellar View Post
    Honestly, there is no best music tracker.
    yes, you are right 100%, cause it's a dead for about year&half

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    STm
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Stellar View Post

Honestly, there is no best music tracker.
    And that sums it up. It's all about opinion. For some just a scene music tracker is best, to others a specialized lossless tracker is best.

For me it's a combination of several trackers. Something like Demonoid, Torrents.ru, What/Waffles, and the three lossless trackers is what I use. Not to mention other methods like Soulseek and warez forums.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    waffles

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    n00bz0r's Avatar Say what? BT Rep: +5
    There have been loads of comments by so many people. I will try to summarize what they said
    What.cd is the biggest tracker for music lovers. It has the largest number of artists and albums, and ofc, 95,000 registered users with close to 500,000 torrents between them. They have recently expanded their collection of 100% FLACs.
    What.cd is being closely followed by Waffles. Its easier to put it this way, if its not on waffles, you can try your luck with What.cd , and vice versa. These two trackers look after the needs of most music lovers.

Moving on, if you listen to a specific genre, there are trackers dedicated to them. Like TT for Trance, DB9 for DnB, LzTr for classical and Jazz and so on.

If you are very particular about the formats you like your music in, Pedro's BTMusic is the best for FLAC. (They have the highest quality rips with equal emphasis on cover art as well). E**** is also another tracker dedicated to FLACs and lossless content.

With that, i would like to add that there is no 'True' winner, when we talk about music trackers in general. Its all about your choices, preferences and tastes.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    STm was great but their coders are working on fixing the site. It's 'FLAKY' according to the channel topic.

Their skin needs a little help but not a major concern.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    sofalva's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    In my opinion what.cd is the best music tracker.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast