Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: New Ideas For A New Tracker!

sez's Avatar c0V3r3Ð iN Ba57ArÐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Come to think of it,this dude is an FBI fucker.
    One post then he disappears?
    I think he is gathering info on what we would like to see in a tracker.then probably with his shitload of cash make everything happen.
    Top uploaders get on board and before you know it an international sting operation is underway.
    If you don't believe such a thing could happen,read what happened with these carders on that once upon a time dark market.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/10...kmarket_sting/

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1009_3-10234872-83.html

and come to think of it even more(alot of imagination in play here),could it have happened already?could that tracker you are sitting on be potentially a timebomb waiting to explode?

BT is indeed a highly risky business and i think now more than ever i understand the security argument of trackers.This thing is for people who got tough stomachs for real.Anything could happen.

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    The FBI actually ran a scene FTP topsite once even, release headquarter to many important scene groups. So of course it's rather easy for them to run a bittorrent tracker, if they really want to.

Don't think that the OP is a FBI agent though...

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    harshytkage's Avatar Tarders BEWARE! BT Rep: +2
    a Music- videos tracker is in order...monopoly isn't cool(points at M-vids)
    Spoiler: Show

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
    'Love'? Now, let's not go overboard. I love my girlfriend, or my football club, or a cold beer on a hot summer day, or fur underpants on a freezing cold night, but not compressed audio files.
    i don't speak english well enough to play on and with words

I like scene mp3s in addition to the "home made" stuff for the reasons explained earlier, and because I have a relatively huge scene mp3 collection already, old habits you could say. Scene mp3s have the advantage of dupechecking, so even if a certain tracker does not have a release you are searching for, you know that it was released on a certain day by a certain group.
    personally, i tend to focus on music rather than scene groups that release it.
    i have my own tastes, they have their own ones and even if some teams release stuff that may suit me, i can't reduce music to a couple of scene groups releasing a lot more crap than gems.
    ... but hey, that's just my opinion.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    Of course not, at the end of the day it's about the music and not the group that releases it. So even if there were no scene mp3s available on bittorrent trackers, it would not exactly be the end of the world. It just would be nice to have, that's all.

To be perfectly honest, some of the reasons for this "preference" of mine can't be discussed publically on a board like this. And I find it odd why I need to justify it to be even more honest.

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    To be perfectly honest, some of the reasons for this "preference" of mine can't be discussed publically on a board like this. And I find it odd why I need to justify it to be even more honest.
    ok, i respect your choice. i thought we were simply discussing though...
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    No worries, just saying. Just had to add a bit of controversy to spice things up.

Discussions are fine. What would the world be without discussions? Discuss...

8. BitTorrent   -   #48
    Quote Originally Posted by sez View Post
    Come to think of it,this dude is an FBI fucker.
    One post then he disappears?
    I think he is gathering info on what we would like to see in a tracker.then probably with his shitload of cash make everything happen.
    Top uploaders get on board and before you know it an international sting operation is underway.
    If you don't believe such a thing could happen,read what happened with these carders on that once upon a time dark market.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/10...kmarket_sting/

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1009_3-10234872-83.html

and come to think of it even more(alot of imagination in play here),could it have happened already?could that tracker you are sitting on be potentially a timebomb waiting to explode?

BT is indeed a highly risky business and i think now more than ever i understand the security argument of trackers.This thing is for people who got tough stomachs for real.Anything could happen.
    That dude is an fbi agent; try calling him at this number 202 234 3000, ask for Agent LRC
    Last edited by TP635; 05-20-2009 at 05:47 AM.

U2VjdGlvbjQ3

9. BitTorrent   -   #49
    Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    wait untill at least half of them die and you can make one then seriouslly.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345