Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Could This Happen & What's The Fix?

my neighbor just asked me the following, and frankly i'm puzzled on why & how, maybe u can help:

"why when I browse the net, all of the graphics (pix and alike) apear properly, except when I go to this site www.bintjbeil.com?. After I visit this site, non of the graphics apear anymore on any other site I visit, unless I close all IE windows. I've tried Opera, Netscape and IE, all the same, is it the site or me?"

I looked at his pc and the browsers' settings, nothing that I saw would make it happen from his end. but it was weird tho. I tried it on one of my pc and the same happened.

btw, he tells me that he emailed the site master and they responded it's a setting on his end not theirs.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    His "temp internet files" cache could be too small, if it's filled up it might still show html, but not pics, is the site heavy on graphics?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    also, i've tried it on my Mac and it doesn't occur, all fine. hmmm...is it the pc?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Just tried it on Windows. It does have something to do with the site because graphics won't load for me now. I didn't even have to let the site load completely.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    works fine on my comp, mozilla and opera. must be his pc
    Edit: & IE

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by SnnY@28 September 2003 - 02:58
    His "temp internet files" cache could be too small, if it's filled up it might still show html, but not pics, is the site heavy on graphics?
    not really, some pix here and there. nothing major and his temp is set to 20mb. try it if ud' like.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by ilw@28 September 2003 - 03:01
    works fine on my comp, mozilla and opera. must be his pc
    were u able to browse other sites w/graphics and no problem?
    where do u suggest i look into, since it's the pc. especially that my PCs are facing the same issue?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    Fine on mine, i'm using opera 7.11.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    I checked through my cache after going to the site, and it uploaded some funky files, but when I increased my security settings to the highest level, it loaded very slowly, It's not even done yet, and everything else worked fine, It's crappy scripting or something.

He'll have to empty his cache after he's gone there methinks.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    razorsharp013's Avatar Fountain of Wit
    Worked fine for me, though I did experiance considerable slow down after I left the site, but maybe that was just me.
    Opera 7.20 disk cache set to 10MB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast