Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: IPtorrents Invite disabled

cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by forcus View Post
    On the long term It will probably be a good move for them, getting ride of the leechers and cheaters
    i seriously doubt it:
    Quote Originally Posted by medipack
    Every Month VIPs and Power Users will receive invites.

VIPs = 3 invite/month + if they donate, they will get extra invites.
    Uploaders = 1 invites/month.
    Power Users = 1 invite/month ( if 1 invite not used, next month system will not give another invite, so better use it (lol) and get a fresh invite next month ) !
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    OTO's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    How many users has IPT at this moment?
    Last edited by OTO; 05-26-2009 at 05:26 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    It's a good move by IPT. It's a good tracker but ppl was not valuing it as the invites were easily available. Now everybody gonna make sure they don't loose their accounts.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Quote Originally Posted by manu1991 View Post
    maybe they are sick of being a low level tracker , maybe they are trying to be l33t and stuff
    'Levels' have fuck all to do with the quality and reputation of a tracker, and 'being l33t' has even less to do with it, if that even exists in the bittorrent (= filesharing) world.

I think the last thing on the mind of the IPT staff are those stupid "tracker levels", which only are of interest for traders.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by redMonster View Post
    Update

After 5-10 days, we will provide 3 invites for all VIP members and 1 invite for all Power Users and uploaders.

Every Month VIPs and Power Users will receive invites.

VIPs = 3 invite/month + if they donate, they will get extra invites.
    Uploaders = 1 invites/month.
    Power Users = 1 invite/month ( if 1 invite not used, next month system will not give another invite, so better use it and get a fresh invite next month ) !
    So power users will receive invites. They have a system like TL now. I am PU there and I receive 1 invite every few weeks.
    Weird I'm PU at TL and I have not received an invite at all since they change the invite system many months ago where only VIPs would receive invites.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by saulin View Post
    Weird I'm PU at TL and I have not received an invite at all since they change the invite system many months ago where only VIPs would receive invites.
    i'm PU there and i regularly receive 1 invite (as long as i've used the previous one).
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    I'm PU also (and have been for over 200 weeks) and I don't.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    LubTheStaringCat's Avatar I'm curious BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    Does having Invites mean that much to people, that's all I've been herring about, oh I've lost my Invites.
    Boohoo Boohoo everyone's nose out of joint just because they lose there Invites.

It wouldn't be that a lot of the people complaining are traders are they.

Personally It doesn't rely matter whether I've got Invites or not, IPtorrents Is still a great place.
    Great content and was way over generous with there Invites for to long If you as me, but there staff finally got wise.
    Last edited by forcus; 05-26-2009 at 11:12 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Are people bent out of shape about it because it just became a bit more difficult to get BT Rep?

I wasn't giving out many invites to IPT anyway so it means nil to me. IPT is a great site... maybe this change will cause people to value their accounts more.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    LubTheStaringCat's Avatar I'm curious BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    Quote Originally Posted by Stellar View Post
    Are people bent out of shape about it because it just became a bit more difficult to get BT Rep?

I wasn't giving out many invites to IPT anyway so it means nil to me. IPT is a great site... maybe this change will cause people to value their accounts more.
    I agree, me thinks that the axe will fall real soon at IPT for those who don't rely value there accounts.
    I never Invited anyone there In the first place.
    Last edited by forcus; 05-26-2009 at 11:21 PM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast