Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Tracker Levels <- what is it?

1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Why? Because everyone who follows that list is a bad user? Almost everyone in this 'scene' is influenced by the built up hype regarding l33t trackers, whether they are a trader or they are not. That doesn't make them a bad user, that makes them a normal private tracker user. You can blame all the stupidity on whatever you want, but I think it's really just the type of people that join invite forums. They aren't the sharpest tools in the shed. No offence to anyone to anyone in particular, I mean I do private trackers as well.

I'm probably only seeing the glass half empty perspective, but I think it's valid enough to consider as another truth. As opposed to how you think people start out innocent and without the stereotype wants of other users, but are 'corrupted' by us.
    Last edited by T.S.O.L.; 06-11-2009 at 07:26 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    The Flying Cow's Avatar windowlicker BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by jasperr View Post
    when you have someone new just learning about torrenting joining a forum like this seeing many folks talking level this and level that..... and being directed to a thread that has a list of sites with numbers next to them.. how are they supposed to know wth it is..? ..
    By reading more.

or how to understand it, when you have so many others telling you to go by that list and you'll be fine..
    I know I went where I wanted to go by reading about tracker content and asking members their opinion.

In reality you're backing up TSOL's argument that most of the people chancing upon this forum with the intention of getting into private trackers don't show much intellige, if they ultimately feel crushed by all the numbers being hauled at them.

Furthermore, the WTAW thread is located in the Trader forum, for traders to know what the tracker levels are in their barterings. Considering the aforementioned thread is very clear about the level demarcations pertaining to rarity, and considering rarity means something more along the lines of scarcity, and "perhaps" worthy of collecting, there shouldn't be any confusion.
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    n00bz0r's Avatar Say what? BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flying Cow View Post
    By reading more.

or how to understand it, when you have so many others telling you to go by that list and you'll be fine..
    I know I went where I wanted to go by reading about tracker content and asking members their opinion.

In reality you're backing up TSOL's argument that most of the people chancing upon this forum with the intention of getting into private trackers don't show much intellige, if they ultimately feel crushed by all the numbers being hauled at them.

Furthermore, the WTAW thread is located in the Trader forum, for traders to know what the tracker levels are in their barterings. Considering the aforementioned thread is very clear about the level demarcations pertaining to rarity, and considering rarity means something more along the lines of scarcity, and "perhaps" worthy of collecting, there shouldn't be any confusion.
    +1, True to the last word.
    /me has nothing to add on to it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234