Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Sims 3

Member BT Rep: +1
    this game is pooor again...

2. Games   -   #12
    The Flying Cow's Avatar windowlicker BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I reached level 10 on the Crime job, choosing Evil instead of Thief.

Fact of the matter is if you select "Conspire with Accomplices" when you're off at work he tends to bring artwork home even though he isn't a thief (the most expensive paintings, and sculptures to put in the garden and such). With the money I sold from only one such sculpture and painting I managed to add a pool which then became indoor and revamp the house, now it's looking more like a pimp pad, with all the most expensive stuff (not all of it but of the stuff I use at least).

However, a word of advice: choose "Work Hard" often, whatever career you pick, this is the only way to get raises without needing to get promoted, so by the time you reach level 10 you're raking in the big bucks.

In short: though I haven't been to chess tournaments or the stadium to try my hand in professional sports (though I can both because I'll soon be mastering both Athletic and Logic skills) or really explored the neighborhood and such, as this new Sims instalment makes much easier due to it's coagulated array whereby you don't need to wait for load times to move around the place, beyond your house that is, I did, in something like 12 hours(?) gameplay reach level 10 of a career.

It's quite easy if you save up 15000 lifetime happiness points and purchase "Fast Learner", which makes getting promoted at work a breeze, and "Acclaimed Author" for 30000 if you want to earn more royalties from your books (that's if you want to write and such). Working on my second novel ATM.

The graphics are awesome though. Still, like Idol said it's remained pretty much the same, safe for a few tweaks here and there (you can manually select how long your sim takes to age, or turn off aging altogether if it annoys you, and so on).

But for old-time Sims enthusiasts this game is fun enough, though unless you really explore it; the Riverview neighborhood as well which is downloadable as an add-on to the Razor1911 release, and all the multifaceted aspects of the game, like the classes you can take in town to learn skills faster and that; it might get boring fast.

3. Games   -   #13
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Appreciate that you took the time to give some actual insight into the game.I really don't have the time/patience for this sort of thing but I like the concept.
    All they need to do is add zombies and I might give it another whirl .

4. Games   -   #14
    forfos's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    i dont like this games

5. Games   -   #15
    chiquiloco's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    very nice game

6. Games   -   #16
    Andrez's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Game really good, has not regretted that has bought
    I advise to play that who did not play

7. Games   -   #17
    jvanph's Avatar Member
    It was taking over my life so I had to stop playing.

8. Games   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by S!X View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flying Cow View Post
    Lay off panty thief.

evil ninja!

9. Games   -   #19
    Coco's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    i always hated the Sims

10. Games   -   #20
    The Flying Cow's Avatar windowlicker BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by jvanph View Post
    It was taking over my life so I had to stop playing.
    Yeah I was quite addicted too. Now I'm addicted to Medieval II: Total War from Creative Assembly. A very intense and immersing strategy game if you give it a shot (without cheats and that). My laptop can't take the new Empire instalment.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast