Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Why do popular sites prune inactive donators?

stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by andy316 View Post
    getting bcg is quite easy...i got 4 chances to join,but refused all of them...heard that speeds suck most of the times
    lol so if someone told you to jump off beachy head (a famous suicide spot) because it was a liberated feeling, you would.

never listen to what others say, i bet you dont for movies or games, so why for this, try it yourself, i think you will be surprised, i max my 20 meg connection, most of the time, and thats even on 2 year old torrents.

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    The only thing that I could change about disabling accounts is some consideration given to long term members.
    If someone has stayed on a site for say a couple - three years as a contributing member ( talking activity here ,not donating) I think the they should be rewarded with some leniency.Maybe after staff contacting them and determining if they still wish to be involved they could be awarded the equivalency of tenure.

Just a thought probably bs as usual.

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    Member BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    But why should someone that donated 25p (yes people have donated that and less to BCG) get immunity from pruning for 1 year or eternity.

Yes the donation helped pay for the server whenever it was they donated, but if that was 6 months ago, its no good now is it, sorry to be blunt, but come on.
    I hear you on that, but if that was the case, and no one donated 6 months ago, the site wouldn't be here now would it...

Not that I want to start a flame war or anything, but I mean hear me out.

I had a flood in my apartment due to the idiot above me turning off his rad and the pipes bursting. I lost all my electronics period. Insurance wasn't at replacement value so I got peanuts back in comparison. I then went on to lose my grandma due to nursing error, and shortly after my job and apartment. This was all while I was away from my home town trying to attend college.

I had no access to a computer or the internet to log in and "park" my account, and frankly with all the other crap, it was the last thing on my mind.

The fact of the matter is, I was an active, donating member. Due to things beyond my control, I was unable to upload / sign in / whatever for a little while, and upon returning, all my accounts were pruned.

I can't speak for BlackCats, as so much has changed, I'm not sure how I'd go getting ahold of them on IRC or anything, and I doubt Stoi wants to assist at this point (I don't blame you), but I did try for PiSexy, and they either didn't care or raised the bs flag on me.
    Last edited by CaptainCanaduh; 08-04-2009 at 08:13 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345