View Poll Results: Seedbox with Windows, Would you prefer it ?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes, where i can get it ?

7 22.58%
  • maybe, not sure if price isn't higher

8 25.81%
  • don't care

3 9.68%
  • windows ? never!

13 41.94%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seedbox with Windows, Would you prefer it ?

seedhost-net
    OR you can have MASTER MACHINE(Windows 2003 Server) with Virtuozzo and 4 Windows VPS machines, each VPS gets his RDP and his own ip, raid0 and gbit port, obviously you can't do that in OVH, we for our luck don't work only with OVH...,

Quote Originally Posted by FransTormer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by seedplace View Post
    seedhost i think that you forgot something.
    You do realize that windows web edition can only handle 1 connection at a time.
    That means that when 1 user is connected the other one won't be able to connect.
    Think you need to rethink your phrases... Web Edition has indeed got 1 RDP-connection but then again, it was never meant to be used in a multi-user environment. I have to disagree on "can only handle 1 connection at a time" since that might confuse people on the connections made from/to the internet with FTP/HTTP/P2P and so on.

/edit: just digging in my memory; wasn't Microsoft supplying 2 administrative logins per server-edition? Or has that changed between Server 2003 and Server 2008? Despite that, an administrative login is not actually to be used for user-based operations (like running torrents) but still...
    Last edited by seedhost-net; 06-18-2009 at 12:12 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Yeah and that is called VPS
    Seedplace.eu
    The place to seed!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12