Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is this a valid act in BT ?

Poster BT Rep: +3
    Suppose if i download a torrent from one tracker and another tracker has the same files so i download the torrent from that another site and add to my torrent client and its starts checking and founds that the files are already there.So essentially i'm uploading to a site from where i have not even downloaded.

P.S - Its not something i have done but asking before i do it since i heard many people do this way

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    sheriff 01's Avatar Safety First! BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Alot of sites have different rules. You must first diligently read the rules of whatever site your on.
    Last edited by sheriff 01; 07-02-2011 at 12:57 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster
    And if that fails, ask. Doesn't hurt to ask.... most of the time.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    This works differently depending on your client as well. In many clients, if the torrent has the same hash, it'll prompt you to "add the tracker" to the torrent, which is a bad idea, as it will look like you're cheating on both trackers.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    whatcdfan's Avatar A.W.A BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by ca_aok View Post
    This works differently depending on your client as well. In many clients, if the torrent has the same hash, it'll prompt you to "add the tracker" to the torrent, which is a bad idea, as it will look like you're cheating on both trackers.
    To cross seed successfully without "cheating" you should first remove the torrent from your client, then download the torrent from the tracker you wish to cross seed at, as soon as the torrent gets added in your client, it will check the files and if all the files are there, you will start as a seeder but you won't be able to upload at the tracker which you originally downloaded the content from. If you keep it seeding on one tracker at a time, there's no harm with that but some trackers (which I don't know of) might not allow cross seeding so you'd better of reading the FAQ's first.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    bijoy's Avatar secret lover BT Rep: +1
    Listen, BT is illegal, its piracy of data. So nothing is valid and everything is valid in BT. Some other person shares a fiel you downlaod it, and vice-versa. he whole thing is as simple as this.
    Teh n00b.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    To cross seed successfully without "cheating" you should first remove the torrent from your client, then download the torrent from the tracker you wish to cross seed at, as soon as the torrent gets added in your client, it will check the files and if all the files are there, you will start as a seeder but you won't be able to upload at the tracker which you originally downloaded the content from. If you keep it seeding on one tracker at a time, there's no harm with that but some trackers (which I don't know of) might not allow cross seeding so you'd better of reading the FAQ's first.
    What's with that Nazi signature you have? Are we a little jealous of Europeans or what?

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by bijoy View Post
    Listen, BT is illegal, its piracy of data. So nothing is valid and everything is valid in BT. Some other person shares a fiel you downlaod it, and vice-versa. he whole thing is as simple as this.
    Unfortunately only illegal things nowadays follow rules, Legal things are meant to broken.

But my point is how can this be allowed

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by absent_today View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bijoy View Post
    Unfortunately only illegal things nowadays follow rules, Legal things are meant to broken.

But my point is how can this be allowed
    as i said earlier
    99.99% trackers do allow cross seeding
    heck TL even endorses and encourages it
    but different tackers may have different rules
    SceneFZ is the only place in my mind that actually warns users against Cross Seeding
    and it is not endorsed in BlackCats-Games(you are expected download the files from the tracker itself to seed)

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by absent_today View Post
    Suppose if i download a torrent from one tracker and another tracker has the same files so i download the torrent from that another site and add to my torrent client and its starts checking and founds that the files are already there.So essentially i'm uploading to a site from where i have not even downloaded.
    That's called "cross-seeding", and most sites allow it. If you search Google for "Seed The Same Files To Multiple Trackers in uTorrent" with the quotes, you'll find a nice guide explaining how it's done. However, there are some things you should keep in mind:
    • Do not add more than one tracker URL to the same torrent as a way to seed it on more than one place.
    • If uTorrent says the torrent is already in the list and asks you to "load the trackers from it", do not do that.

Many people have been banned for doing one of the things above, because as ca_aok said, to the tracker it looks like cheating. But nothing wrong will happen to you if you follow those tips.

Quote Originally Posted by funkysourav View Post
    SceneFZ is the only place in my mind that actually warns users against Cross Seeding
    I was pretty surprised when I tried to cross-seed a release there and the tracker told me something like "seeding a torrent downloaded elsewhere is FORBIDDEN!".
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast