Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Free binaries at cheapernews.com this week

I was maxing out my 6M TW connection and if I am not using the free ipv6 servers, this would be my provider, which may happen soon the way things are going. You have 8 free days to try them out and $8/month is better than committing to paying $96/year on Astraweb.

2. Newsgroups   -   #22
    josipm
    I tried them out and speeds were ok. Did anyone sign up? Just wondering what your experiences are if you signed up.
    Is anyone having connection problems right now?

3. Newsgroups   -   #23
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    I didn't, been with Astraweb for almost a year now, super happy me
    [center]

4. Newsgroups   -   #24
    how lame, i jumped on this a few months back when they were doing the same thing and bought the 1 year service. now i can connect to their servers but cannot download a thing. It's been like this for a week now...buyers remorse is setting in pretty deep...moving to AstraWeb if this persists.

5. Newsgroups   -   #25
    I tried signing up with them yesterday but I kept getting:

Sorry... There was a problem with this submission:

A credit card processing error occurred.
    MBT-99000: Some obscure payment gateway processing bug...
    If problems persist, please contact support.

Please correct and resubmit the form.
    it looks like its complaining about my credit card type but I verified multiple times. Emailed them also but got no response. Looks like I got lucky if saroofio's experience is widespread.

6. Newsgroups   -   #26
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    Cheapernews, isnt' this the "new" Giganews off spring? I've heard rumors that another "wholesale" usenet provider is out there, and is actually Giganews, branded with a different name to compete with Astraweb.

Personal experience, stick with what you know....Giganews, Newsdemon, and Astraweb are the best at what they do for a reason, top notch customer support and great pricing plans....so stay with what you know, can't stress that enough, hell this "whole week thing" could have been a sting operation for all you know.
    [center]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123