Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best way to share files with friend?

vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    Problem with Yahoo messenger is that it wont be as reliable as ftp. with a good ftp server, you'll be able to resume where you left off easily (and reliably) when you turn off the pc/lose net connection.

another good one is soulseek - share "list only" and only add each other to your lists. Very good piece of software last i used it...this will also allow you to chat at the same time.
    <insert signature here>

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    keemosabi's Avatar Poster
    I agree with the people saying FTP. If you use a good service, it can be very easy, fast, and reliable. A very good service is free service called http://filezilla-project.org/ which just happens to be free. It even has a Firefox add-on that allows for easy browser integration. Tell me if you need any help setting it up.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    if the file is less than 100mb, then host it at rapidshare or any similar site and send him the link.
    I personally use yousendit often, you can even install their uploading software that makes it a breeze to share stuff.

if you happen to be running on a OS with either IIS or Apache, it takes you 2 minutes to allow you to share your files with anyone via HTTP. Can't get much easier than that.
    Last edited by Cabalo; 07-15-2009 at 04:39 AM.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    if u have google talk ,it is better for file sharing

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    or even ICQ, which establishes a direct connection between both PCs to share the files, unlike MSN, which routes all the traffic through their relay servers, therefore limiting the speeds.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12