Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Perfect Disk Issues

razorsharp013's Avatar Fountain of Wit
    Well, I just ran diskeeper and it couldn't have gone any better! It does replace the Windows defrag which I'm not thrilled about, but I never used it anyway so who cares. It was fast as can be and got everything in one pass. I'll see how how does in future uses to decide if this is the best for me.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    BANNED
    i use pd also but i'm going to give dk a try i see alot of people talking good about it but i have not had any problems with pd tho

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@30 September 2003 - 23:24
    i use pd also but i'm going to give dk a try i see alot of people talking good about it but i have not had any problems with pd tho
    I always would get reports from PD that there still fragmented files after it had run.

One day I tested at PCPitstop right after a PD defrag and they said my disks were fragmented.
    I DLed Diskeeper Pro and did the same thing and PCPitstop said I was fine.
    This may say more about the way they analyze, I don't know.

Diskeeper is waaaay faster, though...
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Originally posted by clocker+1 October 2003 - 01:37--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 1 October 2003 - 01:37)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MUSLEMAN@30 September 2003 - 23:24
    i use pd also but i&#39;m going to give dk a try i see alot of people talking good about it but i have not had any problems with pd tho
    I always would get reports from PD that there still fragmented files after it had run.

One day I tested at PCPitstop right after a PD defrag and they said my disks were fragmented.
    I DLed Diskeeper Pro and did the same thing and PCPitstop said I was fine.
    This may say more about the way they analyze, I don&#39;t know.

Diskeeper is waaaay faster, though... [/b][/quote]
    Is there any other differences between diskeeper home and pro besides what&#39;s listed on the diskeeper site? I mean is at any faster at all, or is it just the networking features that home doesn&#39;t have?

I just dl home from the site and got a crack for it, that&#39;s why I ask.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by razorsharp013@30 September 2003 - 23:44

Is there any other differences between diskeeper home and pro besides what&#39;s listed on the diskeeper site? I mean is at any faster at all, or is it just the networking features that home doesn&#39;t have?

I just dl home from the site and got a crack for it, that&#39;s why I ask.
    I don&#39;t know.
    The only version that I&#39;ve used is Pro.
    It was what I found on the network when I searched.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    BANNED
    i always get the pro version its a bit more stable i think and more options too

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@1 October 2003 - 01:54
    i always get the pro version its a bit more stable i think and more options too
    Actually, I&#39;m downloading it right now from the network. It was sitting right there in the verifieds....and I&#39;m always looking there too.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    BANNED
    lol thats so funny boss mine just got done i tell you i love this place every thing you want is here in a matter of minutes, running and checking it now so far so good

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123