Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Content or Community

I just don't understand why sites like uk-t and fsc have no activity. Wouldn't being at a rare site encourage one to be active.
    Last edited by pen15; 07-18-2009 at 10:22 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Zaxx's Avatar Ol' Skool P2P BT Rep: +3
    You won't find much 'community' on most any of the sites...gotta go to their IRC to 'really' discover the community factor.
    Not quite the same as it used to be before TBDev and ratios took over...
    "It's not what ya got, it's what you give."
    Please do not PM me for invites. Thx.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Ð iN Ba57ArÐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Quote Originally Posted by pen15 View Post
    I just don't understand why sites like uk-t and fsc have no activity. Wouldn't being at a rare site encourage one to be active.
    i'd be very surprised if by no activity you mean the forums coz last i heard,these forums are supposed to be well beyond active.

If you mean activity torrentwise then i think that would pretty much explain why we have so many peers on TL<--the compromised tracker that they so like to bash.

but as of my opinion i'd say community is definitely great but content is also much more important otherwise why would members sneak out of these fortresses to leech off TL?
    Thanks I'm happy knowing that I use my trackers instead of just being there for the sake of it.
    That kinda made me giggle

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Contain is the basic reason why tracker exist
    Community is just a huge bonus.

A new BT user will ALWAYS value contain over community
    But as he become more experience, the community aspect of the tracker he use get more noticed. And he moves on to find that balance

U2VjdGlvbjQ3

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Zip's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Would you rather join a site like uk-t that has a tight knit community or a site like ptp which has a lot of content but lacks security

For me security is important but I don't see the point of going to a site just to chat.
    Neither, I would rather join a secure site with lots of content. And this forum covers the community part if I'm in need of one.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    For me, content always come first. That is what bittorrent is all about. Luckily I'm a part of a site or two that has both excellent content and a nice community(meaning very nice, helpful staff, and the majority of the members are nice).

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Those "high level" "rare" sites are only "rare" for security reasons, as most of them have had security issues, for example two of the trackers that are "High level" were born out of a torrent site being busted and taken down by the police.

Now, these sites are all very active, and in the case of one of the sites, they have the best torrent activity i have seen for such a small site. So to be honest, i think if you arent a member of a torrent site, you should reserve judgement and wait to actually see what a tracker is like rather than writing whatever bullshit the next idiot puts into your head.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swepsycho View Post
    revtt and tl is n00bs...
    Quote Originally Posted by Swepsycho View Post
    i don`t use mozilla n00b...... is addon in internet exp...?

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I'm in it for the chicks

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    I'm in it to pretend I'm a chick on irc and tranny surprise Tokeman.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    nemrac's Avatar Getting my feet wet BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    Hard to pick one over the other. Most sites have the same content, with some exceptions (packs, etc..). You can typically find the same general content on all trackers. Example - True Blood airs Sunday night, within a few hours, it is on ScT, FTN, PTN, etc

The communities are very similar too. I find similar posts/threads on most forums too. Example - Rate this girl, what do you d/l the most, what are you listening to, etc...

so i think it's a combo of both and the overall style, look, feel of the site rather then just content and community.

Nemrac

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast