Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: I decide never to trade again~~``

KushBlow's Avatar Zen BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post
    Thats a good way to put it, but what about the entire trade section on FST? Thats like making the connection that the USA allows a massive collection of know terrorists to harbor on their soil
    One of them was even a president .

2. BitTorrent   -   #102
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post
    I had been lurking here for a long time before I finally created an account, and while I agree that more likely than not the OP is just trying to get rained down with with invites at his revelation, I admire megabyteme for his efforts.

Alot of these posts tend to get filled with massive amounts of sarcastic remarks and flames from regulars in a matter of hours (no offence) and its a breath of fresh air to not see someone completely rain down terror on the op.
    Thanks, Rart!

PM me if you want to chat sometime.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. BitTorrent   -   #103
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    Unfortunately, I can't yet :-P

4. BitTorrent   -   #104
    PM me on demonoid...same username. Find George Orwell 3 books + 3 Essays. My name will be in the comments.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

5. BitTorrent   -   #105
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    trade its suck i don't like it i hope u never trade again .

6. BitTorrent   -   #106
    I'm new here and I've been thinking about this...I've mostly been thinking about public giveaways VS trading. In public giveaways, your trust is often built on ratioproofs,speedtests and a couple of sentences. Sure, a very good member that have proven to this or any other site that he is very trustable can step forward and apply for a giveaway but you still don't have any personal connection or something alike - your trust is basically built on the fact that he seems/is(depending on how much of a pessismist you are,choose a word) trusted to others. So either your trust has to be built on speed,ratio and a couple of not so meaningful words or that he is trusted by others and I find this a bit worrying(+you risk getting banned).

In trading, there is often no trust between the traders that he or she will use the account/be an active&good member, the only trust that is required is the trust that he/she won't be scammed or tricked in any way. But let's say that the trader decides that he want's to be really careful - he does the same thing as in GA's - he asks for ratioproofs,profilelinks,speedtests and checks if he's an active member here except the trade section or an active member on the torrentsites etc. If he does this, he should be pretty sure that the one he invites is an asset to the site in the same way people that do public GA's will want/have to be pretty sure about this.

So, except the fact that you're giving when doing public GA's, what's worse - Trading and being extremely careful or doing public GA's and being careful?

I do not trade and haven't traded...And after thinking about this, I'm in real doubt if I should do public giveaways.

So, I want you opinions about this perspective and if I should do public GA's or not?

And creds to megabyteme and the few others here that still thinks he can become better

7. BitTorrent   -   #107
    prasannab13's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    good thing bro

8. BitTorrent   -   #108
    Quote Originally Posted by charliebitme View Post
    I'm new here and I've been thinking about this...I've mostly been thinking about public giveaways VS trading. In public giveaways, your trust is often built on ratioproofs,speedtests and a couple of sentences. Sure, a very good member that have proven to this or any other site that he is very trustable can step forward and apply for a giveaway but you still don't have any personal connection or something alike - your trust is basically built on the fact that he seems/is(depending on how much of a pessismist you are,choose a word) trusted to others. So either your trust has to be built on speed,ratio and a couple of not so meaningful words or that he is trusted by others and I find this a bit worrying(+you risk getting banned).

In trading, there is often no trust between the traders that he or she will use the account/be an active&good member, the only trust that is required is the trust that he/she won't be scammed or tricked in any way. But let's say that the trader decides that he want's to be really careful - he does the same thing as in GA's - he asks for ratioproofs,profilelinks,speedtests and checks if he's an active member here except the trade section or an active member on the torrentsites etc. If he does this, he should be pretty sure that the one he invites is an asset to the site in the same way people that do public GA's will want/have to be pretty sure about this.

So, except the fact that you're giving when doing public GA's, what's worse - Trading and being extremely careful or doing public GA's and being careful?

I do not trade and haven't traded...And after thinking about this, I'm in real doubt if I should do public giveaways.

So, I want you opinions about this perspective and if I should do public GA's or not?

And creds to megabyteme and the few others here that still thinks he can become better
    Ratio can easily be faked and a good speed test does not make a person a better user.

Public GA is seen by many trackers to be just as bad as treading.
    Last edited by TP635; 08-08-2009 at 03:29 PM.

U2VjdGlvbjQ3

9. BitTorrent   -   #109
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Ð iN Ba57ArÐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Basically both of them are frowned upon,though its utter hypocrisy as to how some trackers warm up to some forums that do exactly what you'll be banned for doing in the giveaway section here,its this double standard that sometimes gets to me and kinda makes a huge mockery of the tracker rules.i'd even be tempted to say that these invite pusher forums are more insecure than this place coz if you look at it these sites exist coz of invites,takeaway the invites and they are more than dead,so any smart RIAA/MPAA spy who has done his stats will tell you that if you want invites you start with where you know they are obviously available and at where trackers such as iTS are as comfortable to even recruit from than to start with a place where your chances of being banned on a tracker increase by upto 50% just for registering.

10. BitTorrent   -   #110
    Quote Originally Posted by charliebitme View Post

Thanks, charliebitme! I really appreciate your kind and encouraging words.

I believe you have analyzed quite a bit of what goes on with trading and public give-aways. I differ with you on the points regarding "careful" traders. Care is not something that a trader needs to take- as you pointed out, as long as they don't get scammed, all is well.

I imagine that there are some traders who care. Primarily, I think that they are just looking for the next "high". The E-peen. The temporary "elite". The next "deal". Relationship with trackers and other members is minimal. They are more Ayn Rand egoist than anything else (not a compliment). IMO, traders are far more for themselves that they are for any community. If they build up a ratio, it is not for the site or the members- it is simply to make their trade more valuable.

Public give-aways. These are typically good members of other sites who have connections and investments in those sites. Giving away invites does one of two things for the giver.

1) It allows that member to look for new, enthusiastic members who will hopefully be an asset to that site. Does the potential member have good ratios? Does he help other members on this site? Is this person fun or interesting? Have they acted in a manner that shows they deserve a shot at being part of the new community? If the answer is yes to most (or preferably)or all, then it is worthwhile to give that member a chance.

2)The person doing the give-away can make themselves look like a better member of this community by giving invites and getting "rep".

I spend a lot of time reading posts. I did so for quite a while before joining in the discussions. After you read page after page of (sometimes mind-numbing) posts, you get a pretty good feeling for what that person is like. It is not foolproof, but good members from other sites have good reason to check people out thoroughly.

So, my recommendation to you is to become rooted in this community and on other sites that you enjoy. Do everything you can to be active and valuable to those sites. Once you get to know who is a good community member, compare that to the people who are putting on a false-face. People who are trying to look good. You will be able to spot the differences.

Good luck and thanks for taking the time to think so deeply about the subtle differences around here. People who care are always valuable!

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast