Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm Too Scared To Post On This Forum.

MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    @AussieSheila-as a general rule, singleing people out is dangerous. Billy started a thread which would have undoubtably led to one user putting something hateful aimed specifically towards another user. While sometimes its unaviodable, as in this reply, its just not pc.

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    I don't know anything about the world debate stuff, I only come on here for a bit of a giggle, but have been attacked on here, and don't bother coming much anymore, all seems a bit too serious for me.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    AussieSheila's Avatar Dazed & Confused
    Originally posted by titey@1 October 2003 - 14:18
    The mods don't beat the users Sheila.... they leave that to us other members....
    • ....many of us carry whacking sticks for that very purpose.

However, the mods can ban members for constantly violating forum rules.
    You might want to pay particular attention to #1 & #11 before you persist in whining about the mods' actions.
    I don't constantly violate anybody's rules. I hardly post, and when I do I don't do it to upset anybody. I'm here for a good time. And where have I persistently whined? Tonight is the first time I've said anything.

ILW, I didn't read the whole thread before posting that night, I only read a couple of posts, so you were right in that instance. But I read the World Events topics and you guys just scare the crap outta me, it's rarely that I dare post in there and when I do I cringe, waiting for the assault.

What do you call that garbage you were going on with about Afghani women?

I was so looking forward to finding a flame warrior for you, I was sure I could.

STFU with teh

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Originally posted by AussieSheila@1 October 2003 - 14:05
    EVERY time I post on this forum I get attacked. Now I've been threatened with being banned for defending what I thought was a funny thread. I'm sorry but I was rofl while I was posting about Billy_Dean.

I've tried posting in World Events, and was immediately shot down in flames by the pseudo intellectuals that dominate there. Unless you have a double degree or an awfully thick skin, forget it! They don't want the opinion of us ordinary (yes, common, ilw) people.

Think about it and give the rest of us a chance.
    Hey Sheila

I know what you mean about new starters on forums, for some reason or another, maybe because others have settled and got into a routine of knowing others...but they tend to not notice the new ones as much and give them a chance, but instead knock them back at any given chance...when really, they have just as much right to say what they want, just like others.

We all have our opinions, christ that's why we are here and we all have a right to say what we want, within reason of course. So, if we all had that opinion on it, why does this happen??

I personally wouldn't touch the World Events section, because many subjects on there could get pretty personal and that's when you get slandered. But as you said you were funny...it's a shame that text doesn't always come accross as funny as we think it is, either that or whoever is reading it, has a real crap sense of humour

You carry on as you are Sheila, you go girl, you have just as much right as anyone..Give em all you got...I'm right behind ya.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    Whats a pseudo intellectual?

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Originally posted by namzuf9@1 October 2003 - 14:45
    Whats a pseudo intellectual?
    it's sort of like a quasi-intellectual
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Originally posted by AussieSheila+2 October 2003 - 00:39--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (AussieSheila @ 2 October 2003 - 00:39)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-titey@1 October 2003 - 14:18
    The mods don&#39;t beat the users Sheila.... they leave that to us other members....
    • ....many of us carry whacking sticks for that very purpose.

However, the mods can ban members for constantly violating forum rules.
    You might want to pay particular attention to #1 & #11 before you persist in whining about the mods&#39; actions.
    I don&#39;t constantly violate anybody&#39;s rules. I hardly post, and when I do I don&#39;t do it to upset anybody. I&#39;m here for a good time. And where have I persistently whined? Tonight is the first time I&#39;ve said anything.

ILW, I didn&#39;t read the whole thread before posting that night, I only read a couple of posts, so you were right in that instance. But I read the World Events topics and you guys just scare the crap outta me, it&#39;s rarely that I dare post in there and when I do I cringe, waiting for the assault.

I was so looking forward to finding a flame warrior for you, I was sure I could.

STFU with teh [/b][/quote]

8. Lounge   -   #18
    I was arguing the question of how much right we have to interfere with other countries against their democratically or otherwise elected governments will. Ie whether we can justify ignoring their laws and social beliefs simply because we are more powerful or believe ourselves to be right.
    The fact that the topic arose because of Afghanistanian women&#39;s lack of a right to education was left behind as i pointed out quite early on and I also made my belief that women have completely equal rights perfectly clear.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Aberrant
    Originally posted by AussieSheila@1 October 2003 - 08:39
    &nbsp; I don&#39;t constantly violate anybody&#39;s rules. I hardly post, and when I do I don&#39;t do it to upset anybody. I&#39;m here for a good time. And where have I persistently whined? Tonight is the first time I&#39;ve said anything.
    I didn&#39;t say you contantly violate the rules....
    I just pointed out that the rules state that questioning a mod&#39;s actions is supposed to be done by PM.

And I didn&#39;t say you persistently whine....
    I suggested you read the rules before you decide whether to persist in whining.

@ Jacks - Hiya my Dark Angel&#33;

10. Lounge   -   #20
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    Originally posted by Jackstermj+1 October 2003 - 14:45--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jackstermj @ 1 October 2003 - 14:45)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-AussieSheila@1 October 2003 - 14:05
    EVERY time I post on this forum I get attacked. Now I&#39;ve been threatened with being banned for defending what I thought was a funny thread. I&#39;m sorry but I was rofl while I was posting about Billy_Dean.

I&#39;ve tried posting in World Events, and was immediately shot down in flames by the pseudo intellectuals that dominate there. Unless you have a double degree or an awfully thick skin, forget it&#33; They don&#39;t want the opinion of us ordinary (yes, common, ilw) people.

Think about it and give the rest of us a chance.
    Hey Sheila

I know what you mean about new starters on forums, for some reason or another, maybe because others have settled and got into a routine of knowing others...but they tend to not notice the new ones as much and give them a chance, but instead knock them back at any given chance...when really, they have just as much right to say what they want, just like others.

We all have our opinions, christ that&#39;s why we are here and we all have a right to say what we want, within reason of course. So, if we all had that opinion on it, why does this happen??

I personally wouldn&#39;t touch the World Events section, because many subjects on there could get pretty personal and that&#39;s when you get slandered. But as you said you were funny...it&#39;s a shame that text doesn&#39;t always come accross as funny as we think it is, either that or whoever is reading it, has a real crap sense of humour

You carry on as you are Sheila, you go girl, you have just as much right as anyone..Give em all you got...I&#39;m right behind ya. [/b][/quote]
    This is beginning to sound as one sided as those world events threads people keep alluding to.

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast