Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: pretimes

Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Why do you guys really care about pre times ?
    Last edited by Swift; 08-07-2009 at 10:13 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    hotshot6473's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    For scene content I do on a general 0day site. There are already too many 0day trackers and the thing that distinguishes them is content and speed. I want every release at my fingertips and as quick as humanly possible.

HD sites, Music sites and specialty sites don't have to have fast speed but they make up for it in content and quality.

If a site has neither I just let my account die.
    Last edited by hotshot6473; 08-07-2009 at 10:29 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    DanielleD87's Avatar bunny

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by danio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielleD87 View Post
    Having an interest in the races is one of the few things that can set you apart from a normal BT user to something much higher than the highest BT sites. If it isn't your thing then fine but just because you do not understand it does not mean it doesn't have a purpose.
    I can somewhat understand it when it comes to the competition between groups to be the first one to crack and release a new game, or rip the latest movie. but i don't really understand why normal bt users are so hung up on which of their sites gets random releases first.. it's not like they are the ones racing anyway.
    But maybe they will race one day? Everyone starts out somewhere.

But I admit 90%+ of the scene is people who started with xdcc and went up from there. Very few are from BT or usenet.

Quote Originally Posted by Swift View Post
    Why do you guys really care about pre times ?
    If I get a TV release 5+ minutes after pre I tend to get a bit pissy especially if I'm really into that show. For any other pre I usually could care less as long as it is in within a couple of hours.

99.99% of all my BT is TV though. I have a DVR but I'd rather watch it before it airs here even if it is only 15 minutes. I could spring for a dish and get east coast times on shows but a lot of the time I'm traveling and so I watch stuff on my laptop more than my TV.

Having faster pre times isn't really because of impatience for most. It is more about competition. Racing is fun! However, today I could hardly care less about pre times.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    Yea the majority of my bittorrenting is through TV as well... If im dying to see the next episode of my latest show... the difference between say demonoid and SCC can be night and day.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    BANNED BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Last edited by hit79; 08-08-2009 at 04:36 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    thanks man its new topic and have new info
    scc has been one of the greatest trackers in pretime and working to be the first and stay in the top his uploaders are great and working 24h to get all new staff thanks for them.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    I wonder if SCC's private racer channel for uploaders and staff is still around.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Ð iN Ba57ArÐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    ^^ last i checked they were relaying scT's channel

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    srsly? that is retarded! i helped code a bit of that channel too... oh the horror! I'm glad I left when I did.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Feeling's Avatar SceneTorrents Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by sez View Post
    ^^ last i checked they were relaying scT's channel
    And yet again you know nothing about what you are talking about.

Last edited by Feeling; 08-10-2009 at 05:12 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast