Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Torrentleech Invite (The love poem)

KushBlow's Avatar Zen BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    When you started mentioning his other roles I had to think back (and actually look at IMDB). Fraser's career has been filled with roles that he took the lead in, or he (as you mentioned)been out-shined by so much talent that he is barely memorable.

Maybe he just needs a new agent.
    Maybe that's what makes him so good though? He can play a role and not completely dominate the role? For example in Bedazzled he played the role of Elliot very well as a nerdy no-life guy and at the same time gave Hurley leeway to do her thing.

/me thought he was in Movies & TV forum
    Last edited by KushBlow; 08-09-2009 at 07:22 PM.

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #22
    Evju's Avatar Love Bird BT Rep: +2
    Sigh..
    Keep being awesome

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #23
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Edit- Evju, you have been very patient. I checked your posts with intent of giving you the TL invite. Bad news- I found this post:https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bit...-invite-203428

Too close to trading for me- especially when you are "offering" to give the same account you are asking for here.
    Last edited by megabyteme; 08-09-2009 at 11:10 PM. Reason: Made On-Topic post...
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #24
    Quote Originally Posted by KushBlow View Post
    Maybe that's what makes him so good though? He can play a role and not completely dominate the role? For example in Bedazzled he played the role of Elliot very well as a nerdy no-life guy and at the same time gave Hurley leeway to do her thing.

/me thought he was in Movies & TV forum
    He is usually watchable, but rarely any better than "good". Having the ability to fade into the background is not something actors usually aspire to do. Ever see De Niro stand back to make others look "better"? He is memorable in every one of his films. How about Nickolson? Eastwood? Hanks? No matter if the character they are playing is timid or bold, they are memorable. They are always compatible with the other actors, but never fad into the background.

Fraser has been in so many bad movies where he was the lead, that he is in serious need of redemption. He has not been able to pull that off by lurking in the shadows (MOL)in serious roles. I still think he needs to pull something off like Seven Pounds and be the guy for the role.

BTW, it's ok to discuss movies in this thread because we are awesome! And responses bump the thread, so EVERYONE can have the "love" they deserve.
    True, what I meant to say was - if Hollywood ever needs someone to not be noticed yet play his role indubitably (sp?) he's the guy .

EDIT: Hm, you know, I just remembered The Mummy movies and there he did play his lead role pretty good. I can safely say I remembered him from that character.
    Last edited by KushBlow; 08-09-2009 at 11:01 PM.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #25
    Evju's Avatar Love Bird BT Rep: +2
    BTW, it's ok to discuss movies in this thread because we are awesome! And responses bump the thread, so EVERYONE can have the "love" they deserve.
    You are absolutely right!

Keep up the good work my friend!
    Keep being awesome

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #26
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata

He is usually watchable, but rarely any better than "good". Having the ability to fade into the background is not something actors usually aspire to do. Ever see De Niro stand back to make others look "better"? He is memorable in every one of his films. How about Nickolson? Eastwood? Hanks? No matter if the character they are playing is timid or bold, they are memorable. They are always compatible with the other actors, but never fad into the background.

Fraser has been in so many bad movies where he was the lead, that he is in serious need of redemption. He has not been able to pull that off by lurking in the shadows (MOL)in serious roles. I still think he needs to pull something off like Seven Pounds and be the guy for the role.
    You are failing to differentiate between being a star ( being charismatic and essentially playing degrees of yourself or in DeNiro's more recent films chewing the scenery.Well at least he isn't to Pacino's level of self parody yet ) and being an actor.
    Of the ones that you listed only Hanks gets by on acting more than force of personality and even he is borderline.

You know who are good actors? Guy like Daniel Michael Blake Day-Lewis or Paul Giamatti or Philip Seymour Hoffman .Guys where you don't know where the role ends and they begin.

And please don't mention Seven Pounds again unless you want me to hurt you.

EDIT: Hm, you know, I just remembered The Mummy movies and there he did play his lead role pretty good. I can safely say I remembered him from that character.
    And you my friend are failing to differentiate between being likable and suited to the role and displaying talent.

Bet all you numb nuts even consider Ben Affleck a bad actor .

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #27
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    You are failing to differentiate between being a star ( being charismatic and essentially playing degrees of yourself or in DeNiro's more recent films chewing the scenery.Well at least he isn't to Pacino's level of self parody yet ) and being an actor.
    Of the ones that you listed only Hanks gets by on acting more than force of personality and even he is borderline.

You know who are good actors? Guy like Daniel Michael Blake Day-Lewis or Paul Giamatti or Philip Seymour Hoffman .Guys where you don't know where the role ends and they begin.

And please don't mention Seven Pounds again unless you want me to hurt you.
    You will get no argument out of me on Daniel Day-Lewis.
    Paul Giamatti and Philip Seymour Hoffman have both done exceptional jobs as well. They do bring a special dimension to their roles. It would be hard to replace them in their performances.

Pacino, once great, needs to stop. De Niro has branched into some "comedy" roles recently- which show range, but have taken from some of his greatness.

Nicholson always plays Nicholson. He is very hard to forget or upstage. Sometimes you need that kind of presence, sometimes you don't.

I was mainly trying to pull out some names to compare and show the failings of Frasier's career. Initially, we were discussing what he would have to do to be taken seriously.

Sorry I keep bringing up 7lbs. I take it you didn't like it. I thought it was a role very suited for WS.

Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes
    And you my friend are failing to differentiate between being likable and suited to the role and displaying talent.
    Sorry, KushBlow. You are now the first person to ever discuss talented acting and The Mummy franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Affleck's only remaining fan
    Did you want an appraisal of Daredevil or Pearl Harbor?
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #28
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Only if I can give you one of Anger Management .

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #29
    You will get no argument out of me on Daniel Day-Lewis.
    Paul Giamatti and Philip Seymour Hoffman have both done exceptional jobs as well. They do bring a special dimension to their roles. It would be hard to replace them in their performances.

Pacino, once great, needs to stop. De Niro has branched into some "comedy" roles recently- which show range, but have taken from some of his greatness.

Nicholson always plays Nicholson. He is very hard to forget or upstage. Sometimes you need that kind of presence, sometimes you don't.

I was mainly trying to pull out some names to compare and show the failings of Frasier's career. Initially, we were discussing what he would have to do to be taken seriously.

Sorry I keep bringing up 7lbs. I take it you didn't like it. I thought it was a role very suited for WS.

Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme
    Sorry, KushBlow. You are now the first person to ever discuss talented acting and The Mummy franchise.
    Now I understand why my buddies don't attend the moves with me anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Affleck's only remaining fan
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme
    Did you want an appraisal of Daredevil or Pearl Harbor?
    I hope it's not Gigli!
    Last edited by KushBlow; 08-10-2009 at 12:58 AM.

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #30
    Enlightened's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    edit- evju, you have been very patient. I checked your posts with intent of giving you the tl invite. Bad news- i found this post:https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bit...-invite-203428

too close to trading for me- especially when you are "offering" to give the same account you are asking for here.

Busted !! Ouch !

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast