Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are Members Worth? (WAMW)

Zip's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post
    It's a little too idealist for most people.
    And long.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    i fall in all lvls (except 10) at once:erm:
    Last edited by R0D3NT; 08-13-2009 at 04:07 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    And how will you know "People who know "stuff"" ?!
    99% of level 7, 8, 9 and 10 you will never find in here.
    And "Ring Masters" are not always as brilliant as you think.

Basically what i see here is:
    lvl 7 - VIP
    lvl 8 - moderator, FLS
    lvl 9 - coders, designers
    lvl 10 - site owners/sysops

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    KushBlow's Avatar Zen BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post
    What's the purpose of this list? Whats it supposed to accomplish?
    To get people to stop thinking about how great it would be to be part of one of the "elite" trackers and start thinking about what they actually bring to this community. Some will care, others won't.

I thought it would at least give people something to think about and maybe do a self-assessment. Would they even fit in to one of these "elite" sites if given "their dream" invite?
    I can assure you traders looked inside this thread, saw a huge wall of text, and proceeded to open a trade thread looking something like "NEEd TTC HaZ MiNiNoVa".

And the group who relies on the WTAW thread will not change their views, because they realize you can't trade or collect with WMAW.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Ronnie Coleman's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    "Do well and you will have no need for ancestors." - Voltaire (1694-1778)

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    I would not want to play Trivial Pursuit with you..
    I am a fountain of useless information.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    What is education?

The general consensus is that education is learning from established institutions.

While this is partly true, education is really taking note of life, and what you learn from it.

Life is our classroom. Ask any soldier who is serving, or has served, in a conflict and they will tell you any manner of lessons they have learned from warfare, including how precious life really is, or how short it can be.

Some people can take that life changing step, and walk into a better life, whereas others are frightened to climb out of the rut they live in.

An education can give us the knowledge to tackle academic issues, whereas life can give us the knowledge to tackle real issues. Academic knowledge cannot prepare us for the rough and tumble of life. Only experience of life itself can prepare us for what life has to offer.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Ð iN Ba57ArÐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Whilst education is important,i think who you know and the networks that you build as you go on pulverize everything else.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    Quote Originally Posted by sez View Post
    Whilst education is important,i think who you know and the networks that you build as you go on pulverize everything else.
    Your so right. A lot of the time it is not what you know, but who you know. One of the best examples of this was George Bush, the former President of the US of A. While his intellect was that of a retard, he became the most powerful man in the world for a short period of time, simply because he had a powerful dad and friends.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    LubTheStaringCat's Avatar I'm curious BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    This Is funny dude, nice one... I've been laughing since I read the thread header.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast