Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cool down your PC

clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Oh, I don't know...everything?

You're the one saying that everything is hot, the question then becomes...how hot?
    How hot is too hot?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    n00b BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    an avarage my cpu temp is 68 c so in this case i think i should get a good heatsink and for the future when i replace my Q6600 processor mine is stock and what kind of case coolmaster or thermal take i withnk that 1 is not bad for hte price http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811133086 if you have something better in 250 $ let me know and what kind of heatsink for cpu and for hte heatsink that http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835118019 or something better you know

what i reallyneed is a good mid tower case with quite and big fabs i'm thinking about cool master or thermaltake but wich 1 is the best 1 and price limit 250 $$
    Last edited by 2slick4u; 08-23-2009 at 02:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    I must admit two things...first, my interest in PC parts has waned of late so I'm not up on the latest/greatest shit. Second, I usually hate Thermaltake stuff.
    That said, the case you cite looks interesting. Just as a matter of principle, I would look into CoolerMaster or Silverstone before deciding thought.

What are you going to replace the Q6600 with?
    A whole new platform?
    In that case, wouldn't it make sense to wait on a heatsink till you find what processor it needs to fit?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    I'm currently a big fan of Noctua's cpu coolers. Using a NH-U12P SE1366 for my i7 920, and it's pretty sweet. May be worth looking into, it's pretty quiet, while it cools pretty well. I'm fairly certain there's a nearly identical version, maybe the same one with a different fitting kit, for your socket.

As for the case, I don't really know. Best airflow I've seen in a case I built with was inside of a cm stacker. Those are frickin huge.

Using a ChiefTec Aegis (the old single door mesh version) for my current machine. But that's just cos I really like the look of it.
    Last edited by Snee; 08-23-2009 at 10:09 AM.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Noctua's cpu coolers it is $$ BUT IF IT DOES THE JOB will check other 1's but thx Snee ,any1 with other recomendetions

here is the case i really like what you guys think about that 1 http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/Produc...C=1390&ID=1835 and here is the 1 that i would buy it but 700$$ no way jose too much http://www.frozencpu.com/products/88...G40031N2Z.html

here is more cases but wich 1 would be the best 1 for my future i 7 with 4 SSD RAID hd's and crossfire gforce 295 v cards
    Last edited by 2slick4u; 08-23-2009 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    I had used the Enzotech Extreme X for a long while when I was on air cooling. Worked well with my Q6600

Personally I'm not convinced that all you need is a CPU cooler. I think you should get a case first. Even if the CPU cooler helps it's nothing without good airflow inside. At very least get some better case fans and go up from there.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Thats true get a good case up 200$ but who makes better cases coolmaster or thermaltake any recomend

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12