Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nintendo Unveils Piracy-proof Console

Keikan's Avatar ........
    Wtf? That sounds like a higher chance of piracy
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

2. Games   -   #12
    Poster
    It still bugs me to this day that the big N has not taken advantage the piracy market as they could. If they want to sell more systems, the best thing they could do is make it able to play roms.

Just think of it, when the next Nintendo system comes out, it will obviously have online capabilities. So why not give it the ability to download the emulators(or have a N supplied emulator guarenteed to work) and roms from the net. They could have a Nintendo sponsored site with access to every single nes and snes and perhaps even n64 game made.(im sure they still have the rights) They could even charge a couple of bucks per download. Who here wouldnt pay for a system that could play all the classics?

I honestly think that would be the smartest thing that nintendo could do. All the best games in the N lineup(with a few notable exceptions) came out for the nes and snes.

anyone agree?

3. Games   -   #13
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    Err.. I Don't know if this is correct but...

I thought Nintendo had the game piracy thing pretty much sorted with the Gamecube and it's amazing backwards spinning CD...

Did someone find a way of getting around that too?
    Or was the reverse spin CD just a myth?

Edit:
    All the best games in the N lineup(with a few notable exceptions) came out for the nes and snes.
    True... that's why the big N always re-release those games with every new console... remember Mario Allstars for the SNES? Also, what about all the SNES games that got ported to the Gameboy Advance?

4. Games   -   #14
    Originally posted by Cygnuz-Y@3 October 2003 - 22:04
    Nintendo is just desesperated, they are not selling consoles thats why the price dropped, dont pay attention to them
    Actually, their price was originally the lowest in the entire console market, and they were still beating the xbox, they continue to drop it due to sony and microsoft continuing to do the same. Trust me, they are having no problems whatsoever selling consoles.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12