Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Death Penalty In Us?

Hi,

Here are my views,

I fully support the Death Penalty, why because people who commit horrendus crimes should not be allowed to live, even if they are mentally unstable.

By taking another person life on purpose you should lose your life not your rights.

Right now, we are paying millions and millions of dollars in taxes to house and feed these inmates. I do believe that we should house criminals who do not commit murder, I will be willing to pay for that. But, to pay for a person who took another one on purpose should be fried, gased, shot, hung, etc.

Also, if you get conivicted and sentence to death, you should be excuted within a year. No waiting 10 - 15 years, this would save us a ton of money housing these people. IF they want to appeal their decision, then they get top priotiy in the courts systems, and they are allowed at Max 2 appeals. After that, you get fried, and if it was a mistake in the case and you get fried or gased, then tuff shitz, we will live and learn not to do it in the future.

These are just my opinions, I may, may not be right, but I usually am!
    <span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>VEGASGUY</span></span>

CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON PRIVATE BT TRACKER&#33;

<span style='color:red'>Proud Fasttracker member</span>

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by vegasguy@7 October 2003 - 23:15
    Hi,

Here are my views,

I fully support the Death Penalty, why because people who commit horrendus crimes should not be allowed to live, even if they are mentally unstable.

By taking another person life on purpose you should lose your life not your rights.

Right now, we are paying millions and millions of dollars in taxes to house and feed these inmates.&nbsp; I do believe that we should house criminals who do not commit murder, I will be willing to pay for that.&nbsp; But, to pay for a person who took another one on purpose should be fried, gased, shot, hung, etc.

Also, if you get conivicted and sentence to death, you should be excuted within a year.&nbsp; No waiting 10 - 15 years, this would save us a ton of money housing these people.&nbsp; IF they want to appeal their decision, then they get top priotiy in the courts systems, and they are allowed at Max 2 appeals.&nbsp; After that, you get fried, and if it was a mistake in the case and you get fried or gased, then tuff shitz, we will live and learn not to do it in the future.

These are just my opinions, I may, may not be right, but I usually am&#33;
    Well let&#39;s hope they don&#39;t &#39;fry&#39; you by mistake... Your family would be very upset.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    Hi,

If I get fried, then tuff shitz on me,
    <span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>VEGASGUY</span></span>

CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON PRIVATE BT TRACKER&#33;

<span style='color:red'>Proud Fasttracker member</span>

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Well I think you missed the point, the point was about the families of the innocent.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Vegasguy

When it comes to "maybe being right or maybe being wrong", I think you will find most people usually are.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Would it not be a good idea after all the appeals have failed give Lie Detector, Truth Drug and Hypnosis tests and if any of these fail the criteria required then convert the sentence to life imprisonment?
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Im against the Death Penalty unless there is no doubt: ie they were caught Red Handed.

There have been too many miscarriages of justice to rely on "Beyond Reasonable Doubt"........how many times have people been found innocent years after the event? inc Police fiddling the evidence?

However, if your going to abuse their Human Rights by killing them, then yeh...fill &#39;em full of Sodium Pentathol 1st.

That way if it turns out they were innocent, the State can look after a cabbage for the rest of their lives................NOT

If im fitted up like that, id rather take the Death Penalty thanks......

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by Rat Faced@7 October 2003 - 23:52
    Im against the Death Penalty unless there is no doubt: ie they were caught Red Handed.

There have been too many miscarriages of justice to rely on "Beyond Reasonable Doubt"........how many times have people been found innocent years after the event? inc Police fiddling the evidence?

However, if your going to abuse their Human Rights by killing them, then yeh...fill &#39;em full of Sodium Pentathol 1st.

That way if it turns out they were innocent, the State can look after a cabbage for the rest of their lives................NOT

If im fitted up like that, id rather take the Death Penalty thanks......
    Totally agree
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Here is an addendum to the idea the death penalty as practiced in the U.S. is a scatter-shot proposition relative to guilt/innocence:

Of the 875 executions which have taken place in modern times, (dating from the early 1900&#39;s) the number of incidents where innocence was proved after the fact is precisely zero.

If an innocent person had ever been demonstrably wrongly executed, believe me, you would not have to google the name; the media would place it on the very tip of your tongue for you.

The fact (yes, fact) of some innocents on death row waiting to be set free due to the discovery of contrary evidence is no more-or-less than the best proof we have the system works; as far as can be adequately discerned, no mistakes have been made, and those (myself included) who could be said to be pro-death-penalty should thus be satisfied.

Such facts, owing to their "inconvenience", will never convince those who believe otherwise.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    BANNED
    What worries me J2 is the fact that people being found innocent now, is down mainly to DNA evidence. This is a fairly new phenomenom, are you claiming that innocents being wrongly convicted is also new, about the same as DNA proof maybe?

EDIT:

It is prohibited under several human rights treaties to execute a criminal who was under the age of 18 at the time of the crime - the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights and the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child include provisions to this effect. Since 1990, seven countries are known to have violated these treaty provisions - the USA, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Congo, Nigeria and Pakistan. The country which has executed the most people who were under the age of 18 at the time they committed the crime is the USA.

Source

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast