Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BitTorrent Has Cancer...

brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Something similar will replace it, eventually. I'll use whatever that may be.

Relax, fanboys, there will always be a pecking order to know who's cool, like.

-doobs

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    You can present the material, but you can't make me care.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    What specifically do you view as a cancer?

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by brotherdoobie View Post
    Something similar will replace it, eventually. I'll use whatever that may be.
    I kinda knew that, so what's your point? Trying to taunt regulars in the BT section?

I say enjoy it while it lasts.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Invite trading. There's a host of other reasons, but I can't be bothered. Invite trading is the tumor (the rest are just symptoms of the root disease).

-doobs

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    KushBlow's Avatar Zen BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Blaming whatever problems you see on invite trading. How profound.

But your argument misses a step. Invites would not be traded if they had no value. If sites were more open, it would greatly reduce the value of invites.

Edit: I think seedboxes are the worst thing that ever happened to bt. And I've drifted towards usenet (back and forth really) and wish I could just walk away from bt but seeding is such a joy.
    Last edited by TrollinThunder; 10-28-2009 at 08:53 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    kukushka's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    there's nothing wrong with seedboxes. the wrong thing - is how most trackers don't react well to their existance or react the strange way. the stimulation system usually works the wrong way. the big problem of bt is it's easy to being hit. one server, couple of guys and the tracker is gone. and all the uploaders work lost. i can see it as a big problem that it requires a lot of work to make a description for a torrent and this information is located separately from torrent contents and can be easily lost. generally sharing process should be as easy as at DC. the real deal will begin when sharing won't be linked to a protocol and p2p will be backed with server uploads, like with encrypted files at MU, newsgroups, whatever. even p2p should migrate to the point where locally will be stored random encrypted data without any complete releases and it will be spreaded around the future networks according to speeds, storage capacity etc. of each member with backups etc.. i remember fidonet times - it was a real hydra. from what i don't see from the side, scene operates the same way.. so there are ways of evolution, but as long as there's not enough pressure from authorities, this evolution won't happend.

btw oh hey whatman, nice interview, hb what.cd
    Last edited by kukushka; 10-28-2009 at 09:18 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    I think BT is far from being replaced. It is far too readily available and user friendly to be ousted by the likes of usenet. Usenet has a long ways to go in terms of interface before the public embraces it.
    Last edited by Rart; 10-28-2009 at 11:32 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    I'm staff,kiss m ass BT Rep: +1
    Rart, just look at UseNeXT and all similar marketing programs, they make it easy for everyone in return for money.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Martinator View Post
    I say enjoy it while it lasts.
    It has cancer, this defect will mean no sudden death; slowly wasting away describes it better.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast