Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Half-life 2 Source Theft...

Poster
    Somone stole the source code, published it on the net...

Anyone know who?
    I think it sucks :-(

2. Games   -   #2
    Octopussy
    wut exactly does the source code do? like is it the code for the game? :S well even if this game does come on the internet i wont download it cuz valve deserves my money

3. Games   -   #3
    Poster
    some hackers broke in and stole the code..
    They should secure thier computers
    ice ice baby

4. Games   -   #4
    Octopussy
    but wat is the code? is it like what makes the game up? so if they stole it can they like put it together to make the game

5. Games   -   #5
    Poster
    i dunno.

as for downloading it, ill download it and i wont even paly it. because valve dont deserve my money.

6. Games   -   #6
    Double Agent
    yeah source code is the make up of the software

but finished software products are compiled into exe's and dll's, you can't see the source code

7. Games   -   #7
    Every game has a "Engine" which controls everything in the game, basically it's the core programming that drives the game.

HL2's engine is called "Source", and it got stollen. They didn't steal HL2, just the engine, so you can't play HL2 if you happen to have the engine.

However what this means is that the people who have the engine can already start making cheats and trainers and hacks and loads of other shit for the game.
    I don't think anyone would steal it to use it in their own game since the entire gaming community knows that the Source engine is by Valve

8. Games   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by CheeZy@4 October 2003 - 16:16
    Every game has a "Engine" which controls everything in the game, basically it's the core programming that drives the game.

HL2's engine is called "Source", and it got stollen. They didn't steal HL2, just the engine, so you can't play HL2 if you happen to have the engine.

However what this means is that the people who have the engine can already start making cheats and trainers and hacks and loads of other shit for the game.
    I don't think anyone would steal it to use it in their own game since the entire gaming community knows that the Source engine is by Valve
    Thanks.....

for nuthing Mr. Obvious

9. Games   -   #9
    WE ALREADY HAVE AT LEAST ONE THREAD ABOUT THIS. K THNX.

10. Games   -   #10
    Originally posted by Icey@4 October 2003 - 15:53
    some hackers broke in and stole the code..
    They should secure thier computers
    Actually, the hackers created their own new trojan so it wouldn't be detected by valve's software.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast