Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Legalization of marijuana and jobs?

..... BT Rep: +2
    Nobody has ever overdosed on marijuana. That is a Fact. Legalization would take the dealers off the street. A lot of people would be out off a job on the street. Is a lot safer to buy in a store and could be taxed. Amsterdam has a low crime rate and certain drugs are legal. I wonder why.
    Alcohol makes most people rowdy,unable to drive,act like a assholes. How many deaths are caused by marijuana compared to alcohol, or violent crimes,car accidents? Weed makes a person more laid back, they can operate a motor vehicle most of the time,they are not in the mood to fight or cause trouble.The only problem with marijuana is that it is not sold in stores causing disputes over money,it is sold in a non controlled environment. If legalized that would pretty much eliminate that problem,make it so they are not locking people up for a minor offense such as carrying a little weed. Alcohol is more of a gateway drug than weed as underage kids can probably find marijuana easier than buying a fake ID and trying to get liquor or finding a person that is older to buy the alcohol.Depends. Still I think alcohol is more destructive overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
    i am aagainst marijuana or any other drug become legal. it will destroy our society and create even more homeless people. if it's a drug, it harms you. so it cant be legal, and i hate people i know who smoke that shit and spend all day bragging they had a nice joint. and laugh a lot. it's bullshit and they should instead go drink beer or sth else.
    You love people that drink and drive? How many murders, car accidents, fights,all types of other BS is caused by people that had TOO much to drink.? Way more than the other. Only argument you have is it's a man made law, not socially accepted by all but you are talking out of your arse on this. Violence caused by weed is because it is sold in a non controlled environment just like liquor in the prohibition days. Where Capone and others created a lot of violence, so much they legalized it.
    Last edited by pone44; 10-03-2009 at 05:58 AM.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    Quote Originally Posted by tesco View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
    i am aagainst marijuana or any other drug become legal. it will destroy our society and create even more homeless people. if it's a drug, it harms you. so it cant be legal, and i hate people i know who smoke that shit and spend all day bragging they had a nice joint. and laugh a lot. it's bullshit and they should instead go drink beer or sth else.
    Wow what a hypocrite. You do know alcohol harms you too right?
    Yes I think so, lets not forget Coffee and Cigerattes are legal and they harm you considerable and I do both, Weed has a claming affect, so please please Hombre tell that to some cancer patients what you just said, I can beat they would mob kick the shit out of you. And guess how many people have over dosed on Aspirn? Tons and tons, I guess we need to get rid of that and all the drugs the hospital's use to, well since they kill people to.

Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SonsOfLiberty View Post

That's just plain insane, your joking right? Publicly accepted by some not all, and not effecting them? Have you ever been hung over and had to go to work, I guess that wouldn't effect someone or make them take a sick day.
    I thought I would be stating the obvious if I mentioned coming in to work drunk or hungover, but I guess not.

Yes, it is obviously going to be an issue if you go into work drunk or so hungover that someone needs to pull you aside and mention it. Alcohol though, is very much publicly accepted. I don't think I've ever seen a modern petition for reinstatement of prohibition ever.

As for the weed thing, I can see both points of view. I don't have the time to get into it right now but, on the whole, I think people should be able to smoke it legally.
    Well Skiz I'm not Mr.Obvious and didn't get what you wrote before or I just over looked it. Wether people or not Weed is publicly accepted too, not as much as beer and whatnot, but it's getting there, take Canada for instance, do they care (Tesco?) probably not...

I encourage all of you including you Hombre (unless you too stuck up to try something), watch this documentary, it's only an hour and 30 mintues, it's not like it's going to warp your fragile mind or ruin you life watching it....just watch and come back and tell me your thoughts, some of you have seen and know where I'm going with this, watch it and then we shall discuss.

The Union: The Business Behind Getting High

The Union: The Business Behind Getting High is a 2007 documentary film by Canadian filmmaker Brett Harvey. The film explores the illegal growth, sale and trafficking of marijuana. Its theatrical run was limited to film festivals. The film follows host Adam Scorgie as he examines the underground market, interviewing growers, police officers, criminologists, economists, doctors, politicians and pop culture icons, revealing how the industry can function despite being a criminal enterprise. The history of marijuana and the reasons for its present prohibition are discussed, often comparing it to the prohibition of alcohol in the United States in the 1930s, suggesting that gang drug warfare and other negative aspects associated with marijuana are a result of prohibition, not the drug itself. The gangs that grow and traffic the drugs are likened to those that appeared in major U.S. cities during the Prohibition, with the intention of profiting from the sale of illegal alcohol.

The film received numerous honors, some of which included the National Film Board Award for "Best Canadian Documentary" at the 2007 Edmonton International Film Festival, "Outstanding Documentary Feature" at the 2007 Winnipeg International Film Festival, "Grand Prize Best Editing" at the 2007 Rhode Island International Film Festival, "People's Choice" and "Best Canadian Documentary" at the 2008 Okanagan Film Festival and runner up for "People's Choice Most Popular Canadian Film" at the 2007 Vancouver International Film Festival. All together the documentary was officially accepted to 31 International Film Festivals. Most recently it was also nominated for "Best British Columbia Feature Film of 2007" by the Vancouver Film Critics Circle.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1039647/

Homepage:
    http://www.theunionmovie.com/TheUnionWeb.html

If your too good to watch, then we need not continue, exspecially you Hombre, which your dead set aganist, I guess if you saying Pot is the scum of the earth, then Alchol is even worse and Cigs/Caffenie are as bad.

And guess what, NOT ONE SINGLE WEED DEATH, EVER!!!!! Guess how many people did a day from smoking? A entire Jumbo jet full, and booze? Just as many, and caffeine? Look at the people in the hospital for bypass surgey, hell I have 3-4 mountain dews a day, I know my heart is going to clog up. And how many people have overdosed on Aspirn? Tons and tons, so we need to make Aspirin illegal too, along with the drugs the hospital use and what the pharmcey gives out, since people die from those to...
    Last edited by SonsOfLiberty; 09-27-2009 at 11:40 PM.
    [center]

3. Lounge   -   #23
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Well Skiz I'm not Mr.Obvious and didn't get what you wrote before or I just over looked it. Wether people or not Weed is publicly accepted too, not as much as beer and whatnot, but it's getting there, take Canada for instance, do they care (Tesco?) probably not...
    Yes people care. I imagine it's the same as in the states.
    But it's just ignorance. Like you said, weed in my opinion is as bad for you if not better than caffeine, alcohol, cigarettes, etc.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Ignorance caused by years of propaganda.
    Now go away.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    MrLex's Avatar n00b
    But it's just ignorance. Like you said, weed in my opinion is as bad for you if not better than caffeine, alcohol, cigarettes, etc.
    I agree.
    The argument against weed at the moment(well over here in the UK at least) is that these new super strong stains have popped up. Which is fair, weed now probably is much stronger than it was in the 70s.

But surely this is only an argument for legalisation. The biggest danger in smoking weed right now is that without regulation you really have no exact idea what it is your getting. Under a system of legalisation the government could implement strict rules on the allowed THC content along with all other aspects of cultivation.
    Last edited by MrLex; 09-28-2009 at 02:10 AM.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLex View Post
    I agree.
    The argument against weed at the moment(well over here in the UK at least) is that these new super strong stains have popped up.
    Hahaha

You really need some of this:-

Spoiler: Show

I say legalise it and tax it. The government needs to raise revenue somehow, why not become drug dealers?

I don't take it myself, and I wouldn't if it was legal anyway.

Also, I'd rather people didn't drive when they were stoned. "The crash wasn't my fault officer, it was that pink dragon that popped out of the phone-box that caused me to swerve..."

7. Lounge   -   #27
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    i concur. just like drinking. sure, i've drove drunk be4, but i'd prefer ppl didn't do it (yes, seems i'm a hypocrite). that's the same with marijuana. driving stoned isn't safe. i know. so, that would be teh law just like alcohol has. NO drinking/smoking while driving and/or under the influence. it'll be up to the disciplined.

as for the government selling pot. for i don't know the exact repercussions that selling marijuana would do i would still think they should legalize it and sell it to make profit and stimulate the economy.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

8. Lounge   -   #28
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. nails View Post
    i concur. just like drinking. sure, i've drove drunk be4, but i'd prefer ppl didn't do it (yes, seems i'm a hypocrite). that's the same with marijuana. driving stoned isn't safe. i know. so, that would be teh law just like alcohol has. NO drinking/smoking while driving and/or under the influence. it'll be up to the disciplined.

as for the government selling pot. for i don't know the exact repercussions that selling marijuana would do i would still think they should legalize it and sell it to make profit and stimulate the economy.
    Driving drunk and driving stoned are two totally different things...I've have driven high almost every day since I've been 16. Been in 2 wrecks, both were not my fault, one was some guy pulled out in front of me, and next one someone else hit someone from the back, pushed them into my lane 'causing me to hit them head on doing 55mph. I believe I was high or coming down off of both of those.

Also, if you scan the internet or any open Police DB's on crash reports, do you see any because the person was high? 0. And how many because they were drunk? More than 50 a day I beat. Also, there have been wrecks due to the "drugs" people get from the hospital or their doctor....so that's another point to consider.

Weed is natural, propaganda has gone on long enough.

Tax it, create jobs, and boost the economy.

Tesco, how do they care that much in Canada, you guys have 420 day and have Marc Emery http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Emery although this is utter bullshit, the US fucking with stuff they should leave alone...
    Spoiler: Show

Also, it was mentioned about booze and why hasn't in been abolished again? Well, I really don't think the government wants to see the mafia relign itself as a super power, could you imagine how much crime would sky rocket? Also, if Weed become legal, crime would go down, people getting arrested would go down, and jail space would be freed up for real criminals who deserve to do time and not set free because the prison is over crowded, now that's bad, who would you have in jail? A pot-head or kiddie lover?

Just watch this if you want to understand anything about the Marijuana industry. The Union: The Business Behind Getting High
    Last edited by SonsOfLiberty; 09-29-2009 at 06:49 PM.
    [center]

9. Lounge   -   #29
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by SonsOfLiberty
    Driving drunk and driving stoned are two totally different things...
    yes, they are, but that's not my point. i'm sorry, but if u smoke a decent bud there is no way ur thought comprehension is worth a damn. therefore, u shouldn't be driving let alone operating heavy machinery.

don't let the above paragraph fool u. i believe in pot, but i still think it's dumb (even tho i've did it) to operate a vehicle under the influence.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

10. Lounge   -   #30
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. nails View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SonsOfLiberty
    Driving drunk and driving stoned are two totally different things...
    yes, they are, but that's not my point. i'm sorry, but if u smoke a decent bud there is no way ur thought comprehension is worth a damn. therefore, u shouldn't be driving let alone operating heavy machinery.

don't let the above paragraph fool u. i believe in pot, but i still think it's dumb (even tho i've did it) to operate a vehicle under the influence.
    Don't Drink and Drive, Smoke and Fly

Just like you shouldn't Drink/Drive you shouldn't Smoke/Drive.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast