Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kids Are Realy Getting Smarter Today

Originally posted by 4play@9 October 2003 - 00:21
    Code:
    // Chalkboard.cpp : Defines the entry point for the console application.
    //

#include "stdafx.h"
    #include <iostream.h>

int main(void)
    {

int count;

for(count=1;count<=500;count++)
    cout<<"I will not throw paper airplanes in class."<<endl;
    cout<<""<<endl;

return 0;
    }
    this will give you a space inbetween lines  and the #include "stdafx.h" is not needed.
    I wanted the space, it makes it easier to read, why else would I add another endl? Wait, actually it doesn't add a space, I don't know why though. Oh well.

Yes it is, it's a required header file. Observe what happens during compile when I remove it.

--------------------Configuration: Chalkboard - Win32 Debug--------------------
    Compiling...
    Chalkboard.cpp
    d:\program files\microsoft visual studio\c++ files\chalkboard\chalkboard.cpp(21) : fatal error C1010: unexpected end of file while looking for precompiled header directive
    Error executing cl.exe.

Chalkboard.exe - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Did you actually try to run the program?

2. Lounge   -   #22
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    Originally posted by ScotchGuy@9 October 2003 - 07:39

Besides what do you think the chances are that a female middle school teacher would even be able to understand that.
    I am not a middle school teacher....but I am female.

What sort of bigotted, sexist prig are you that presumes that gender and job title have any influence on the ability to understand a joke or code? As many programmers and hobbyists are now women surely your presumptions just serve to inflame contraversy, annoy fellow forum members (me) and makes you appear an uningelligent dolt which I am sure you are not.

Sorry but this kind of stereotyping clap trap is irritating in the extreme.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Poster
    I know a woman that codes :-)
    So chances are woman can understand it.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Originally posted by Darker@9 October 2003 - 06:18
    Maybe he should use perl instead to make it even a smaller code like

Code:
    #!/usr/bin/perl
    for ($count=1; $count<500; $count++)
    {
     print "I will not throw paper airplanes in class.\n";
    }
    which would result in this

Btw  I don't see the missing /n as error since he would need more space to write it only once per line In real code you would just use it to make the output more readable.
    There is only 498 lines. Your missing 2 .

-Nice try

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Originally posted by sara5564+9 October 2003 - 03:00--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sara5564 @ 9 October 2003 - 03:00)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ScotchGuy@9 October 2003 - 07:39

Besides what do you think the chances are that a female middle school teacher would even be able to understand that.
    I am not a middle school teacher....but I am female.

What sort of bigotted, sexist prig are you that presumes that gender and job title have any influence on the ability to understand a joke or code? As many programmers and hobbyists are now women surely your presumptions just serve to inflame contraversy, annoy fellow forum members (me) and makes you appear an uningelligent dolt which I am sure you are not.

Sorry but this kind of stereotyping clap trap is irritating in the extreme. [/b][/quote]
    Hmm, I wasn&#39;t implying that no women can program, I never said that at all. I said what are the chances that a Middle School Teacher who is female could program.

It&#39;s pretty well known that most women don&#39;t know their way around a computer, but those who do can do it just as well as a male. I think it mainly depends on what type of personality you have. If you enjoy mathematics then you are more likely to enjoy programming and excel at it. If you&#39;re more the creative type and like to write and read etc. then chances are you wouldn&#39;t enjoy programming.

Men are more likely to have a mathematical way of thinking, while women are the opposite. I never said it was impossible for a woman to enjoy programming and have a mathematical way of thinking, it&#39;s just less likely. Also, there are less female programmers and engineers than males. So wouldn&#39;t that prove that Men tend to have mathematical ways of thinking more often, thus meaning that they are more likely to program then a female.

Good for you that you program, you are a rare breed, but that comment was merely a joke. Strange that nowadays you can make gassing jews jokes and not get an unkind word, but as soon as you make a comment about the fact that women programming are less likely someone takes notice. I know I wouldn&#39;t be offended if a woman said that men tend to be less creative and don&#39;t like to write. I know that tends to hold true, but I&#39;m not bothered by it in the least. There are always exceptions to the rules, unless someone says that "Women can never program and never will" I don&#39;t understand the point in replying, I said that the chances are low, not that it&#39;s impossible.

I could name more female tendencies, but I don&#39;t want to offend any more people, so I will end this post here.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Poster
    Ok first off, shut up.
    Second off:

If your male or female it doesnt matter.

Your saying a male middle school teacher would know c++ in and out, and that a female one doesnt even know how to operate a computer.

You need help.

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Originally posted by Acecool@9 October 2003 - 11:49
    Ok first off, shut up.
    Second off:

If your male or female it doesnt matter.

Your saying a male middle school teacher would know c++ in and out, and that a female one doesnt even know how to operate a computer.

You need help.
    What the hell are you talking about? Did you even read what I said, or is your comprehension of English so low you just scanned the words and made up things you thought I might have said.

Where, did I say that, ever? Show me where, you moron. I never once said anything about a male middle school teacher, where the fuck did you get that? That&#39;s totally absurd, where on Earth did you come up with that assumption.

For some reason you seem to think that when I make an example of a female then I mean that all females are like that example, pull your head out of your ass.

I said: "It&#39;s pretty well known that most women don&#39;t know their way around a computer, but those who do can do it just as well as a male."

You see: "Women don&#39;t know how to operate computers, but Men in the exact same job do, no matter what&#33;"

HINT: MOST, does not mean all.

I guess I need to dumb it down for the members who&#39;s brain capacity is that of a 2 year old.

To sum it all up:

Men tend to have the more mathematical way of thinking of things, whereas women tend to be more creative. I am NOT saying that it can&#39;t be the opposite way around, there&#39;s always exceptions to the rules. A women can be just as good at programming as a male if she wishes and vise versa.

But my real question is this: Why men people make racist remarks or entire threads towards Jews or Blacks is it not a large deal. Nobody seems to care or notice. Then when I make a comment about how women are less likely to know how to program C++ do I get interrogated to no end?

First understand what I&#39;m saying, then criticize me. It makes you look like less of an idiot.

8. Lounge   -   #28

What the hell happened here? A simple Foxtrot cartoon transformed to Intro to Prog 101 which later changed to flaming 101

Now this is more entertaining than the cartoon itself
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

9. Lounge   -   #29
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    haha i compiled it and it worked.

so the comic strip writer did his homework

i saw this in the newspaper, but thanks for reminding me of it

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Ok everybody now I know there is some sort of misunderstanding here but there no need to start flaming and ruin this nice trend we got going here. Pause and think for a bit than state an opinion. You know this is how wars get started in the first place eh

Anyways lets get back to developing "I will not throw paper airplanes in class"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast