Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: People's Beliefs?

Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@6 October 2003 - 20:19
    @Illuminati........Does it really take much working out considering recent threads??
    Guess not.

*Post is removed to keep the heat down - This was voluntary.*

2. Lounge   -   #72
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Originally posted by Jackstermj+6 October 2003 - 20:41--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jackstermj @ 6 October 2003 - 20:41)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by danb@6 October 2003 - 19:38
    <!--QuoteBegin-noname12
    @6 October 2003 - 20:36
    what your saying is every one should accept the beliefs of other people yes?
    Well in that case, you should accept that a big part of the Christian and Islamic faith is to preach and try and convert people.
    Its also another big part to teach those who are ignorant to the faiths, and in some cases mandatory to try and convert (with out force).... so accept it

Jehovas Witness springs to mind

Actually i havent seen any of them for ages, are they still going?
    Ohhhhh yes...they are still around..quick..hide

Joke [/b][/quote]
    okay i believe you&#33;

try asking them in, that really confuses them

@Jonno - sorry for lowering the tone You could have cut the air with a knife though

3. Lounge   -   #73
    JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    @Illuminati.......I understand completly what you are saying but having pm&#39;d this person he is not a Hypo wannabe, he has genuin beliefes that I/we/it is wrong.
    And the only reason I bit is because that particular topic is very very close to home.
    I know people.......very very good friends that I care a great deal about who have been thru this, not to mention a very close family member and I needed to vent.

@Dan.......No worries dude, I&#39;m the same, you know that

To all of you who have read and taken part in this thread.
    I never intended for this to flame and I don&#39;t think it has, I think we have all been very mature about this and I thank you for it.
    I also apologise to anyone offended by any of my posts.

I started this thread mostly out of anger, which was wrong, but it has been an eye opener for me and I have learnt a lot.

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

4. Lounge   -   #74
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS+6 October 2003 - 20:26--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JONNO_CELEBS @ 6 October 2003 - 20:26)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JPaul@6 October 2003 - 19:22

There&#39;s no need to be so aggresive about it. Lighten up a bit.
    I&#39;m not being agressive, you would know if I was

It&#39;s funny tho that people don&#39;t believe in other people believing in what they want to bellieve

Jonno B) [/b][/quote]
    It&#39;s a bit of a mindbender, I thought.

5. Lounge   -   #75
    I Believe my brain hurts&#33;
    <span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>&quot;unsafe at any speed&#33;&quot;</span>

6. Lounge   -   #76
    My thoughts on this are that beliefs are personal and are best kept that way.
    Forcing them onto others only invites trouble.
    Exactly&#33; i was actually listening to this R&B station and the guy started preaching it kind of pissed me off actually.. if i knew the number to the station i would defenately call him up to stop preaching to the audience.. he probably failed to realize that many people listen to the radio including people that do not have the same faith as he does..

if history has taught us anything is not to pound your beliefs on anyone because it does not work. it only causes agression and bloodletting. Eg)The Crusades, Communism, Fundamentalism, Imperialism (including todays US imperialism, which bush should not further), The Roman Empire so on and so forth..

7. Lounge   -   #77
    people starting fights and other unfortunate parts of history have much less to do with the actual beliefs they carry and much more with the fact that humans are flawed not perfect little machines (thats a good thing mostimes) communism is a great idea but people are greedy so it doesnt work never has never will the soldiers fighting in the crusades had little education and the people pushing the war wern&#39;t exactly acting in the way the bible teaches.

people shouldnt push there beliefs on anyone but that doesnt mean they dont have the right to stand for them or argue for them being right

8. Lounge   -   #78
    Ex-member
    Originally posted by hawk@7 October 2003 - 17:44
    people shouldnt push there beliefs on anyone but that doesnt mean they dont have the right to stand for them or argue for them being right

Well said, that man.

9. Lounge   -   #79
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by Lamsey+7 October 2003 - 12:46--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lamsey @ 7 October 2003 - 12:46)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hawk@7 October 2003 - 17:44

Well said, that man. [/b][/quote]
    Yes-

Succinctly put.

Liam-

I&#39;m putting Clocker onto Cacheman-feel free to PM him with your input.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

10. Lounge   -   #80
    internet.news
    I have my own faith only partly linked with the church.
    I think that probably after death people get into a kind of energy...
    ...but do not know... but after realizing thati n humany body there is
    small energy :)

thks...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678