Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Global bans

1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    The term "global ban" is a joke. Maybe the term "banned from a few select sites" would be more fitting as I'm sure not every tracker(or even close) participates when a staffer tries to initiate one.

Just ask Cabalo. His supposed global banned was what, a few sites at the most?

Yeah, since alot of tracker staff are very young and a few of them aren't very mature, global bans have been abused enough to become pretty much a joke to me. These staffers started to bring personal matters and conflicts into the picture, so I don't blame the trackers that don't listen to these attempts and base their judgements on how the member behaves on their given tracker. I wouldn't call that selfish behavior, as "I'm Hot" seems to be implying.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    NON TRADER BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueSounds View Post
    The term "global ban" is a joke. Maybe the term "banned from a few select sites" would be more fitting as I'm sure not every tracker(or even close) participates when a staffer tries to initiate one.

Yeah, since alot of tracker staff are very young and a few of them aren't very mature, global bans have been abused enough to become pretty much a joke to me. These staffers started to bring personal matters and conflicts into the picture, so I don't blame the trackers that don't listen to these attempts and base their judgements on how the member behaves on their given tracker. I wouldn't call that selfish behavior, as "I'm Hot" seems to be implying.
    I would think one with some common sense would investigate such claims first anyways, and make judgment from there.
    Last edited by jasperr; 10-02-2009 at 05:15 PM.
    TRADING SUCKS DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueSounds View Post

I was not TrueSounds, some sites just rule what they own as they want and there's nothing wrong with that. And no one starts a global ban because of a personal issue, I have never heard about a single one that started from nothing or from a personal issue to be honest.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    That's not true. There have been plenty of global bans started because of petty personal conflicts, I'm surprised you'd try and say that isn't the case.

I think when it comes to global bans sites just look at the offense and the source of the information and make a judgment call. Some sites think that every rule breaker deserves to be hounded off the net and others think the global ban should be reserved for the worst of the worst, sellers/hackers/big fish traders, while still others don't give a shit about it at all.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    I agree with Sear, invite sellers have to be punished somehow or there are no consequences and they will still be on other sites selling invites if not banned from all. Still people get power hungry or vindictive over a mistake,a post or two and that is when it can get out of control. It should be a case by case situation. If the person has been breaking rules then they should get banned from that site but if they are following the rules on all their other sites. Should they be banned from all trackers? Not talking about invite sellers or those that cheat the stats.The people that are new to BT and mess up once by giving away a invite or trading,arguing with a staff member at another tracker, whatever reason. What is fair?
    Last edited by pone44; 10-03-2009 at 12:16 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Well my views and thoughts on global bans
    1. As far as I am concerned there is no such thing, even for the English speaking trackers, which I guess is the biggest percentage of trackers (compared to any other language). I come across trackers regulary that have been open for over a year that I have never heard of so no one will know all trackers and the news that some one is globally banned is only likely to reach a small few. So a full global ban of English speaking trackers will never happen.

2. People who try to global ban people for minor or personal reasons should be the ones that are subjected to the ban, Tracker owners and staff should be responsible (they never all will be tho) enough to realise this.

3. Global type bans should be restricted to major things like constant traders who just want to collect top trackers and more importantly invite sellers. There are other security risks that are bad that members of sites can do that may also fall into this catagory.
    http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b36/Duckster666/DUCK.png
    Not looking for anything
    There are 10 kinds of people who know binary. Those who do, and those who don't.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by sear View Post
    That's not true. There have been plenty of global bans started because of petty personal conflicts, I'm surprised you'd try and say that isn't the case.
    I'm serious, never seen any. Maybe because most of the time I'm not the one who cares about this issues.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    BANNED
    the only ppl who global ban u are nerds like muddslinger and melvinmew who have too much free time and free housing in their moms basement

stay clear of those 2 and u will be fine

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    the only ppl who global ban u are nerds like muddslinger and melvinmew who have too much free time and free housing in their moms basement

stay clear of those 2 and u will be fine
    You just don't have anything of value, do you?
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    BANNED
    so megabyteme tell me what u have to offer besides your deep throating skills because i dont swing that way (save it for staff)

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast