Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the proper thing to do when you no longer wish to belong to a site anymore?

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by idoleyes787 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by night0wl View Post
    i would say let it die. Just in case 3-4 weeks go by and you regret it. If 100% sure that there is no way in hell you are ever going back somewhere, then maybe use delacct.php or ask to be deleted.
    i'm sure that is the wisest advice. i'm suffering from a general depression and maybe this is just another manifestation of it.
    i just don't seem to have much luck fitting in anywhere.thought maybe i would just forget it all and stick to being an anonymous member of lesser places.
    100%
    Last edited by Bad-Day; 10-04-2009 at 09:23 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    pro267's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Contact the staff and ask for the account to be disabled. Unused accounts are practically an invitation for hackers/password guessers. Since the account is not used by the original owner, the likelihood of someone noticing the account has changed hands is greatly reduced. This is especially important in sites that don't disable accounts automatically, or do so rarely.
    546f74616c6c792072616e646f6d20746578742e20416d617a696e671f20696e6e69742e

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by pro267 View Post
    Contact the staff and ask for the account to be disabled. Unused accounts are practically an invitation for hackers/password guessers. Since the account is not used by the original owner, the likelihood of someone noticing the account has changed hands is greatly reduced. This is especially important in sites that don't disable accounts automatically, or do so rarely.

Sorry but have disagree with part of this pro267

Ask have deleted not disabled as in future can re join with less problems if disabled account may not be pruned and can in future be accused of having dupe accounts and people asking why.
    http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b36/Duckster666/DUCK.png
    Not looking for anything
    There are 10 kinds of people who know binary. Those who do, and those who don't.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I very much doubt idol is the type to use qwert1234 as a password.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by Night0wl View Post
    And what, may I ask, is wrong with that perfectly good mixture of letters and numbers?

I bet you cannot guess my luggage combo, too...
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    OMG I just wrote my own password by accident

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    That's alright, nobody actually reads the posts here anyway. It'll be our secret. And easy to remember because we...NVM. *wink*
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    pro267's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckater View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pro267 View Post

Sorry but have disagree with part of this pro267

Ask have deleted not disabled as in future can re join with less problems if disabled account may not be pruned and can in future be accused of having dupe accounts and people asking why.
    Deleted or disabled, doesn't matter imho. Some trackers don't delete accounts, just disable them so that's the only option.

Either way, if a person asks for his account to be disabled on good terms, I can't see any site telling him he has dupe accounts if he returns with a new account. Hell, many trackers would be willing to re-enable the disabled account without having any problem.

And Night0wl, you'd be surprised at the stupidity of some people on the one hand, and the ingenuity of some of the password guessers on the other hand.

Edit: I just re-read my post and realized I may have called Idol stupid.
    That was obviously unintentional.

Or was it
    Last edited by pro267; 10-04-2009 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    546f74616c6c792072616e646f6d20746578742e20416d617a696e671f20696e6e69742e

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Give them away.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Night0wl View Post
    damn thats my bitmetv acc password

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast