Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the proper thing to do when you no longer wish to belong to a site anymore?

sez's Avatar c0V3r3Đ iN Ba57ArĐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    http://www.community-palace.co.uk/lo...p?returnto=%2F

community first,torrents last.No stress,one size fits all.Members have an on site shrinker.Chat,chat,chat!

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    what's wrong with you mate? quitting this funny BT world? can't say i blame you, and you know i don't, but why don't you just give it a break, and stop browsing their forums? just let them flow and ignore the shit you don't like.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    I've been going through similar thoughts lately. One I thought about dropping one due to a bad policy, but some of the others I just do not have a connection with- and it isn't because they are bad sites. Some are quite good.

Is this something like when older people who have raised their children and find their needs reduced sell everything and buy a RV?

Or have some of us just grown tired of external events? Are large numbers of us leaving accounts and not opening new ones? Is this a sign of change in the community?

Really curious about this. Is this a normal phase that individuals go through or part of a decline in the community? If so, what would a mass change in user behavior mean to the larger BT "world"?
    I personally think you're over thinking things. You can't be happy with every site that you have signed up for. Easy as that.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    I personally think you're over thinking things. You can't be happy with every site that you have signed up for. Easy as that.
    I found it interesting that Idol was going through some similar thoughts. I've closed accounts in the past, but I kinda feel like "settling down"- I haven't been to all of the sites (and there are a couple I am curious about occasionally), but I am starting to favor some of the smaller trackers and find myself posting more on my old home, TBy, more often.

I'm not leaving, and I am pretty sure Idol won't leave us either. Can anyone imagine FST without him?

I've been pissed off at a couple of, well, scumbags lately and that has changed the mood of FST for me. Maybe we can get Swe back to liven the place up a bit...
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    Mostly civil BT Rep: +3
    I think the biggest obstacle in letting your account die is informing your inviter about it. He/she should realise that you have higher priorities that need attention as opposed to you being a bad member.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    BANNED
    iv joined sites like fsc where i didnt fit in cuz all they do is post in hump the person above u and count to a billion threads that make no sense so i quit logging in

didnt work for me but most sites have a pruning script so dont bother msging staff just pce out

idn how u can overthink bt tho ffs just dl ur files and go chill with friends its not hard dont ever post on tracker forums thats a waste of time wtf

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    PlayeR's Avatar (•̃͡-̮•̃͡) BT Rep: +5
    I recommend you to not log in to the sites you no longer wish to belong to rather than asking them to delete your accounts..

I hope I answer your question..

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    hagckz0r's Avatar Dreams Come True BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    We all will realise someday how much time we actually spent for not such a great thing called tracker. Some will regret that wasted time... I don't post my suggestion cause it was already posted by others.

Good luck with your remaining trackers.
    I'll reply you like no one else

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by hagckz0r View Post
    We all will realise someday how much time we actually spent for not such a great thing called tracker. Some will regret that wasted time... I don't post my suggestion cause it was already posted by others.

Good luck with your remaining trackers.
    It was fun, but in the end for me, its a waste off time. Since i never took any off them seriously... in the end its all about the files.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I'd say let 'em die if it's a tracker you solely used for content and didn't participate in the 'community' with posts and things.

If you have made some friends and regularly were active in their forums and such I'd shoot them a PM telling them you would like your account disabled.

I've left a whole deal of trackers in the past and always stuck to that reasoning, never had any problems with it.
    Can you feel the LOVE

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast