Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I want it!!

Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    @clocker: what's the price of one of those babies ?

engineered by BMW :drooling:
    Last edited by Cabalo; 10-12-2009 at 11:46 PM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Not sure.
    I've read estimates as high as $700 but haven't seen any actual retail sites that have it...not that I've looked too hard.

I thought it was neat because it's a pretty significant break from traditional design, yet it appears pretty practical.
    I appreciate the Corsair design but it's really just a nicely executed standard box.
    I've been painting my case interiors black and cutting holes all over them for years, so I'm not impressed by Corsair's ability to do the same.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    PlayeR's Avatar (•̃͡-̮•̃͡) BT Rep: +5
    does it have a good cooling systems, clocker?...I mean it must be hard for air to circulate with a case like that.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Dunno.

At the very least it's obvious that there's no cross-contamination, so heat can be dealt with specifically, as necessary.

I'm normally fairly biased against Thermaltake products and most pics I've seen are not actual production units, so it's possible they'll screw it up before it hits market...we'll see.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Scytalle's Avatar ...Pariah...
    I wish I could spare the cash for something similar. My current enclosure is on it's last leg. It's around 4 years old. To bad, with me being school I can't spare it.
    RiP bittorrent trackers, your age is ending
    -

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Well of course YOU wouldn't be impressed Clock I still think it's a cool case. I do love that Thermaltake one though. A quick google has found some more pics. Yeah I want that one too.

Thermaltake "Level 10" case

[youtube]z9HGfGicpFk[/youtube]

http://www.ttlevel10.com/

After watching the video I may even try and build a custom case similar to this one. I'll be off from work in a week or so and I could make some time.

Any ideas what one could use for something similar to those HDD cage covers?

No really, i think I'm going to go for a "from scratch, custom case-wish me luck. I may even cannibalize my tj07 JK Clocker i know it would kill you.

Skizo, who said anything about reasonably priced? If you wanna play...
    Last edited by Detale; 10-14-2009 at 01:24 AM.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    Well of course YOU wouldn't be impressed Clock I still think it's a cool case.
    It is a very cool case but at the end of the day it's just a nicer box than most.
    Were I to get excited about hardware again- a long shot at this point- it'd take something fairly radical to pique my interest.
    At least the Level 10 thinks "out of the box"- horrible pun completely intended.

Of course, it may end up being a total POS, who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    watching the video I may even try and build a custom case similar to this one. I'll be off from work in a week or so and I could make some time.

No really, i think I'm going to go for a "from scratch, custom case-wish me luck. I may even cannibalize my tj07 JK Clocker i know it would kill you.

There you go, build from scratch.

BTW, my TJ07 has been sitting on a shelf, gutted and covered in dust for well over a year.
    Been using the old TJ06 and it's worked out quite well.

Progress has no sentiment.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    The obsidian is nifty, I've checked out some vids and stuff, and it seems really easy to get a great airflow through it. Kinda like a Raven or something.

If you like the look you may wanna check out an NXZT Beta as well, for the cheapness. It too has a black interior and a similar setup for running cables. Costs like half a third of what an Obsidian does, at most. Not saying it looks exactly the same, but it has similarities.

Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    Not sure.
    I've read estimates as high as $700 but haven't seen any actual retail sites that have it...not that I've looked too hard.
    They (Level 10s) cost about $1000 here, our taxes are a lot higher, though.

I checked one out yesterday (online shop, not in stock yet, but looked at a vid). Aren't they limited edition and stuff?
    Last edited by Snee; 10-14-2009 at 05:15 PM. Reason: added some crappy links to vids.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    ATM I don't have much time to take on a project like building one, but maybe after the holidays. $1000 is even too much for me to consider, I don't care how cool it is. In the coming days I am going to revamp my WC rig as the wife has snapped off my DVD drive tray by "accident". So for me to remove the drive I have to take out my res and move some stuff around. Not to mention I have seen temps steadily rising and I have no idea why. Meh I'll add to my old thread when I get around to it.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    ckrit's Avatar Flagpole
    I saw somewhere the pricing in the US is expected to land at about $700 (what clocker said), so it's not quite that bad for you. Still a bit high, though.
    Last edited by ckrit; 10-15-2009 at 11:37 AM.
    ckrit d<rit c|<rit

Mi signotaur > urs.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast