Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213

Thread: Half Life 2 Beta On Irc

Poster
    Originally posted by Cl1mh4224rd@9 October 2003 - 04:29
    Oh God... I downloaded the thing through BitTorrent, but part #54 was corrupt! Son of a bitch!
    if you were smart enough to keep it heres what you do. re-open the HL2 beta with bittorrent and it should re-download any currupt secorts that should fix it if not then your screwed.

2. Games   -   #122
    does anyone have a ROUGHSketch on what hardware you need to play the game? im not gonna waste my time trying to install it but i will dl it and keep bitrorent open and put it in my K/L share folder.

3. Games   -   #123
    Poster
    you just gotta wait wiggers... fuck the beta, betas are gay...

4. Games   -   #124
    Octopussy
    yea u tell them shabster

5. Games   -   #125
    <Off-Topic>
    I don&#39;t think anyone would read this, but if they do, here&#39;s some answers to HL2 and CS:CZ leak questions:

1. No, there is no HL2 Pre-Gold release. According to ANON&#39;s latest nfo, it&#39;s stated that the Pre-Gold is fake. It is also stated in this HL2 FAQ.

2. Yes, CS:CZ is a real leak. It was stated as one in the FAQ as well.

Well that&#39;s probably all anyone needs to know about leak info, so stop making new threads and spamming Gameworld.
    </Off-Topic>

you just gotta wait wiggers... fuck the beta, betas are gay...
    I&#39;m guessing you don&#39;t know the full story behind ALL betas. Take Microsoft Windows betas for example. Usually a beta build would leak through a person who works at MS. If he leaks a beta he&#39;s making a very big decision about his life. First, the leaker would risk his job. If he gets caught (and there is a very strong chance of him getting caught), then he gets fired. Second, he would lose his trust with everyone. If he couldn&#39;t keep a Windows build a secret, who&#39;s gonna trust him with anything. With all those things considered, betas from MS shouldn&#39;t be taken for granted.

Now in HL2&#39;s case, the thing was stolen by a dumbass hacker who thinks he&#39;s leet because he could hack his way into Valve. Even though it was stolen, the beta shouldn&#39;t be taken for granted again. It provides an "exclusive" preview to what the game&#39;s gonna look like. Not many people know about leaks at all. My friend who plays HL all the time never knew the thing leaked.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213