Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Copyright Infringement letter to Seedbox Host

Quote Originally Posted by pone44 View Post
    Not badmouthing anyone but this is strange. How come this is the first time a member has mentioned something like this,if so common? Plus you send out 4-5 letters a week.?

Quote Originally Posted by xirvflux View Post
    Not many (depends on how you look at this though), and also what you consider to be a reputable tracker. This week we got 4 (and yes we forwarded them to each user, we consider this to be something to be aware of), 2 from one tracker and another 2 for a different tracker. 3 were about TV shows in case you were wondering.

While we are at it and since some people seem to be worried that we forwarded the notice (I'm missing their rationale though) let me tell you that our seedboxes include HTTPS/FTPS traffic, VPN and a proxy, or data between our users and their seedboxes is ALWAYS encrypted (unless they choose not to use encryption, that is), and that they can surf keeping their IP address hidden at all times - and this is not only for visiting trackers, it works with everything else.

Finally, DMCA does not apply in our territory (or most of our servers locations), but we still read, store, and forward every complaint from every agency. Not doing anything is like ignoring a traffic ticket.

This does not make sense to me^.
    So those laws apply to the company but the last paragraph above it is posted they do not? Confused!
    Never heard of ANY seedbox company forwarding C&D letters to their customers!
    Has anyone here ever received a C&D letter or heard of someone getting a letter from their seedbox provider? Why would someone want a seedbox for anything other than using BT/P2P?
    Hey there frank, calm down. It's just a stupid letter. I wipe my ass on these letters every day.

2. File Sharing   -   #32
    I'm staff,kiss m ass BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by pone44 View Post
    How come this is the first time a member has mentioned something like this,if so common?
    I guess most 'seedbox' providers just direct them to /dev/null, not really trustworthy
    but what are you going to expect from something that is about BitTorrent.

Then I also saw fastsh.it the other day, not permitting any public torrents, lol.

3. File Sharing   -   #33
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rey View Post

lol i just gave u an invitation to shut me up and this is wat u reply? LOL. i take it u dont know den, i think this comment has put more embarassement than it is, i mean an owner trying to cuss some1 in public doesnt always look good
    I think your flagrant and intentional misspellings (who the hell shorthands "then" to "den"? Seriously?) is more of an "embarassement" than what xirvflux said could ever be.
    i think wat u said is more embarrassing! this isnt a formal forum! obviously i wuldnt write like this in a formal letter

4. File Sharing   -   #34
    Speedo's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    You have to download some more. You can't be taken down by a shitty csi episode.

First thing I would do is go down to your local courthouse and pull out a copy of every lawsuit CBS have had over the last 20 years. If they are no help, call CBS, and if they are serious they should send it.

Second thing I would do is visit as many library and public computers as you can and edit your posts and account details, like passwords.

And if you can afford it get a lawyer.

Better be carefull. The courthouse is unforgiving.

I might seem paranoid but you are in the us.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234