Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dealing With Telemarketers

Ex-member
    Sometimes you can have great fun with these people.

One of my friends from archery once was phoned by a company which sold conservatories.

She replied that she'd be quite happy to have a conservatory, but there might be a small problem with getting planning permission.

The person on the other end of the phone assured her that their company would sort out any legal problems, all incuded in the price.

She then remarked that it might be quite difficult to actually build a conservatory out the back of her house, but the marketer again cut in smoothly, assuring her that their highly qualified and professional architects would sort that out with ease.

So, fair enough, she thought. And proceeded to spend half an hour discussing her new conservatory with this guy before telling him that she lived in a 2nd floor flat.

-click-

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Poster
    Funny... I've never got any telemarketers calling me... didnt think they existed in the UK

3. Lounge   -   #13
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Tikibonbon@7 October 2003 - 22:27
    am i the only one who has tried to have phone sex with them?
    [QUOTE]

Phone sex with a double glazing firm? Is that not pane ful.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Originally posted by bigboab+7 October 2003 - 18:18--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigboab &#064; 7 October 2003 - 18:18)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Tikibonbon@7 October 2003 - 22:27
    am i the only one who has tried to have phone sex with them?

Phone sex with a double glazing firm? Is that not pane ful.
    [/b][/quote]
    [QUOTE]

I have a question for you, bigboab. Why do you always leave an open quote tag like this one in red?

5. Lounge   -   #15
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    It does not show up in the preview.

Edit. The only thing i can think of is that I press Return after the initial Quote. ry it and I will let you know.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    I simply say one of these and works everytime (whenever i want to have some fun with them ):
    • (in a deep tone) "Thank you for calling Sin Gen Hospital for the Mentally Challagned employees, may I help you?"
    • (in a deep serious tone) "Thank you for calling the Ministry of Interior-Section 5, may I help you?"
    • (in a sexy female voice) "Hello and thank you for calling 900-bald-chicks, are you naked yet?"
    • (just before they answer) Start playing the RIAA Screetchy file (looped)

7. Lounge   -   #17
    LeGoMyFnLeg
    In the US and maybe in canada, you only have to add a "disconnect tone" to any answering machine and the automated dialers will not get through. I have setup my PC to screen all calls and when I pickup, the tone is played before I or they can speak.
    There is a webpage about this somewhere, with downloadable tones and messages. The disconnect tone is used for out of service numbers normally and was designed by the phone companies to avoid having their services tied up by these autodialing telemarketers.

It&#39;s just three short ascending tones and they are gone

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    My mom hates talking to telemartkets so i just go "ok please wait a second" leave the phone on the bed and well let it sit
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

9. Lounge   -   #19
    masta.z's Avatar Canadian Scot
    the best i&#39;ve heard was one my dad told me, at his old work the receptionist answered the phone and it was a telemarketer trying to advertise something or other, the receptionist started helping one of the other staff members fix a problem in the office, leaving the telelmarketer advertising their product to no-one, she then returned to the phone and said "sorry what were you saying? i lost interest after hi" ... the telemarketer promptly hung-up

I&#39;m gonna buy a gun and start a war // if you can tell me something worth fighting for

10. Lounge   -   #20
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    my mum got called by them, she just put the phone down and walked off, made some tea, she came back 20 minutes later and realised she didn&#39;t hang up, she picked up the receiver and the woman on the other end was still going
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast