Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can BTMusic ban you for uploading two of their torrents on What.cd?

My account has suddenly been disabled, and that's the only thing I've done at all that could have caused it. I had a good ratio and all. Is there any way to find out what happened? When I try to connect to their IRC server, I'm asked for my site username and password, and when I put them in I'm told they're not valid. Please help.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    Try their IRC. Did you create a new torrent file with the what announce URL/passkey and not pedros??
    Last edited by pone44; 11-11-2009 at 08:03 PM. Reason: not a member either. IRC

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    do you have any contact info for the staff there or perhaps the site's irc channel (if there is one)?

i'd suggest finding out this info. im not a member there so i can't help you any further but i'm sure there are others at FST that can help.

good luck, i hope you resolve your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by pone44 View Post
    Did you create a new torrent file?
    great question! that could have been the problem...
    Last edited by james99; 11-11-2009 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    It really depends, some sites don't like releases being uploaded to other sites. The majority of sites are fine with it, as that *is* the spirit of "sharing" that is supposed to be evident in BT (unless it was was a pack uploaded specifically for the site). However , no matter what the site policy is - you should definitely make sure that you created a new torrent file. If you used the exact same torrent file you downloaded from Pedros, other people will be downloading through your passkey and its a definite ban.
    Last edited by Rart; 11-11-2009 at 08:09 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    kooltilldend's Avatar One n Only BT Rep: +2
    well if you were naive enough to not create a new torrent file then I guess it can't be helped...but if they did indeed ban you for upping a torrent elsewhere then that's really silly and honestly is probably the very extremeness of dual-standards...pathetic really (but I dunno the actual cause so I will reserve my judgments on this site till then - more so, since I'm not a member there so cannot judge their actions as it is)

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    Do they allow members to upload their files to another site? I know some sites will ban you for leaking internal rips.
    Last edited by pone44; 11-11-2009 at 09:44 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Some uploaders explicitly say to not upload their stuff elsewhere, so...

AFAIK this isn't true for all torrents, but I'd still ask the uploader for permission before deciding to upload at What.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    kukushka's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    unless especially noted otherwise by an uploader, all pedro's uploads are denied from being shared elsewhere. op should have read rules. as for communication, it's [email protected] . or maybe fiamma is around, didn't check it....

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    Does Pedros have a link you have to click that says the torrent is exclusive just to get to the download link like the other flac tracker? (been a while since i had an account there, but i think i remember it did).

If so, then there are pretty much no excuses...

And yes Im pretty sure a lot of their stuff is not allowed to be upped elsewhere (like others have said).
    DO NOT PM me 4 invites thanks

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by kukushka View Post
    unless especially noted otherwise by an uploader, all pedro's uploads are denied from being shared elsewhere. op should have read rules. as for communication, it's [email protected] . or maybe fiamma is around, didn't check it....
    That's only partially true. If you get the uploader's permission, which on that site specific scenario would also be the ripper, no site rules deny you the right to upload it elsewhere. It is also the same for every other internal site. The only sites being really weird about uploading elsewhere, are sites with internal packs made from scene rips. That's hypocrisy for ya. Slap something together you already stole from the scene, which is already stolen from the studio/artist/whatever. Then slap an exclusive seal on it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast