Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What Created "time And Space"?

Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Basically M-Theory is Superstring theory, with the addition of one more dimension, which, btw, opened the for some very cool theories.

What got me interested(saw this over satellite, in the middle of the night, on BBC prime, having trouble sleeping does have its benefits):Parallel universes.

M-Theory
    M-Theory
    M-Theory

(I'm on CET, but the good stuff is on waaay after midnight)

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Technically from what we know... nothing should exist.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Forum Star
    Originally posted by Wolfmight@8 October 2003 - 14:25
    well, as jeff goldblum say's, 'life alway's finds a way'

a little off topic perhaps, but SnnY did any of your late night viewing include the probe thing thats going to be sent to jupiter's moon io, very interesting i think

4. Lounge   -   #24
    muchspl2
    look into:
    dark matter
    big bang
    quantum tunneling
    string theory
    big g
    and you'll have a understanding that the rabbit hole goes much deeper
    allot bigger than you can ever know

oh, and they proved that Einstein was right about the cosmological constance, so anti gravity does exists, so everything is speeding away from us, at some point everything will be speeding away so fast, slowly galaxies and stars will slowly blink out cause their going away from us faster than light can escape
    grim future

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Originally posted by pol+8 October 2003 - 15:31--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (pol &#064; 8 October 2003 - 15:31)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Wolfmight@8 October 2003 - 14:25
    well, as jeff goldblum say&#39;s, &#39;life alway&#39;s finds a way&#39;

a little off topic perhaps, but SnnY did any of your late night viewing include the probe thing thats going to be sent to jupiter&#39;s moon io, very interesting i think [/b][/quote]
    This One?

I&#39;d heard nothing of it, oddly enough, but it is interesting.

I&#39;d like to see whether they ever send anything to land on Europa and drill through the ice, there may be life there or so they say.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Forum Star
    you got me again SnnY

(europa&#39;s the icey one, right )

as i remember, people were saying that there was no chance at first, lack of light etc. but then they used the comparison with the &#39;vent&#39;s&#39; on the ocean floor.

i remember another thing from tv once - a whole bunch of new species of insects in caves, only thing they lived off was sulphur - no light or anything

7. Lounge   -   #27
    oh, and they proved that Einstein was right about the cosmological constance, so anti gravity does exists, so everything is speeding away from us
    Cosmological constance ?
    I don&#39;t think theres a consensus on anti-gravity (ie in the same way you have matter-antimatter), but I think theres agreement that theres some force that must be working in the opposite way to gravity.

8. Lounge   -   #28
    @pol:Europa is the icey one. Very cool stuff, those sulphur bugs.

Makes it harder for the people who want to believe there&#39;s no life but here.
    If your sulphur bugs prove anything, it is that "life finds a way" (your quote").

While I&#39;m at it, something that is really cool about my beloved M-Space is that some people want to apply the "theory of Mediocrity", which basically says that where we are and what we are is nothing special, it&#39;s probably a quite typical feature of reality, to m-space, saying that if there is one universe such as ours there are more. Meaning that m-space if not our universe has more life in it.

More Parallel Universe stuff

(Suffice it to say, I&#39;m pretty keen on this stuff )

Edit: Spellcheck

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Poster
    To begin with, humans precieve time in a linear fashion, thus it is possible to view time as a continuing process that is never ending. However, to precieve time as "always was" (no beginning) is not easily understood. "Time is a preception".

Time only exists because you are here to experience it. "I think, therefore I am".

Before time, there was time.

What is the actual speed of time? You can always cut it in half to the smallest amount, and still have time left.

-------

All matter exists in various forms, such as oxygen, helium, iron etc... due to electrons, which are all basically all the same. Different combinations of atoms form different elements. Scientists invent new elements by splitting atoms.

In short, "stuff" exists becuase "no stuff" exists. The opposite of unoccupied space is occupied space. If absolutely nothing existed, that that would be something.

All of this "stuff" interacts with itself, either magneticallly or electrically, whatever possible means. There is a chaos of energy going on. Which is why a BIG BANG exists, and also total opposite of the BIG BANG (or implosion), which all occurs in a never ending cycle.

Scientists have evidence of a Big Bang, but is it the first one or the 1 millionth one. Or is it an infinite one, since time always existed.

Some people say there MUST be a beginning. That&#39;s because we do come from a beginning, but time existed before we were born. Do you remember what "it" was like before you were born? That&#39;s what "it" will be like when you are dead.

Think about it. You are a thought that is trapped in a fleshy brain. You can think, create ideas, ponder, experience physical pain, etc... But when you die, what was all of that mental capability all about? Wouldn&#39;t it suck if you died and everything was a big nothing, then all of a sudden you were not "you" any more? Then one day a life is created and some how another thinking mind was created and it was "you" again, but not actually you (not re-incarnation), but another essence that has to experienc the process of thinking and feeling pain and emotions. It happens every day, a new life that never existed is born. Another 24/day for 65+ years to learn life all over again.

Who&#39;s to say Earth is the ony place, in a universe that never ends in space and time, to have life on it?

You can use religion to answer those questions, just like the ancient Greeks did with the mythology, and gods. But realistically, why?

God can do anything, so he did this.

--------------------
    Why aren&#39;t the American Indians mentioned in the bible? Probably because the bible was written by talent writers in those days, they had no access to that part of the world. Therefore it didn&#39;t exist to them. Surely God would have help those guys a bit more in their story.

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Forum Star
    @SnnY - having never heard of the "theory of Mediocrity" before, it&#39;s quite funny how i implement in my own weekend life. going out to the pub, few beers later and i think &#39;i am the centre of the universe , i can do anything&#39; - then when the hangover kicks in, i prefer to lie in a dark room and pretend to myself &#39;this really isnt happening&#39;

@Spindulik - nice, well thought out opinon that i wont argue with but i&#39;m sure you could have opened a big can o&#39; worms . i agree however that we are held back by our own particular comprehension of things.

at the end of the shift we all have different ideas about stuff, and 10/10 for those who spend their time pondering thing&#39;s i could&#39;nt even comprehend.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast