Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Are torrent invite communities really trading in disguise?

Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I gave out one invite away on one of those secretive invite forums, aptly named IC. I gave an FTN invite to someone chosen based on the fact that they had a slow home connection, which I felt would be a good fit with a ratio-free tracker. Within a week, the fucker had buffered his account with a friends seedbox to 525GBs. Over a year later, he has maybe 10GBs more. I don't know whether he leeches all the time and that is the result of his slow connection or whether he just barely touches his account now that the novelty wore off. Whatever, I couldn't do anything else with the invite except give it away to some random dude posting two ratio proofs and a speedtest.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Totti's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollinThunder View Post
    I gave out one invite away on one of those secretive invite forums, aptly named IC. I gave an FTN invite to someone chosen based on the fact that they had a slow home connection, which I felt would be a good fit with a ratio-free tracker. Within a week, the fucker had buffered his account with a friends seedbox to 525GBs. Over a year later, he has maybe 10GBs more. I don't know whether he leeches all the time and that is the result of his slow connection or whether he just barely touches his account now that the novelty wore off. Whatever, I couldn't do anything else with the invite except give it away to some random dude posting two ratio proofs and a speedtest.
    thats a real shame but like you said you gave it away to some random

dude that's your problem you should give it to someone you know and

will use the account easier said then done but that's the best way for you

to feel good about giving away your invite

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    I gave one to a real life friend who barely used it either since he liked seeding on Bitsoup better.

Fwiw I don't really care about either since invites expire. Besides, some random dude gave me my invite...
    Last edited by TrollinThunder; 10-22-2009 at 10:40 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post
    Thanks for reducing my post to the most radical and basic derivatives.

Some people appreciate the effort.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    n00b
    You have way too much time on your hands. I don't trade because I cherish my sites and don't want to stir any unnecessary trouble. Honestly though who cares. If a trader uses the site and helps keep torrents active then really what is the big deal.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    I gave one to a real life friend who barely used it either since he liked seeding on Bitsoup better.

The same thing happened to me. I made it a point to give invites to friends with crappy connections and some decided to never use the place either.Doesn't bother me though because I told them that they were under no obligation.
    That's the funny part you get some satisfaction from actually seeding things instead of just increasing someone else' s upload amount.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    I gave out one invite away on one of those secretive invite forums, aptly named Invite Central. I gave an FTN invite to someone chosen based on the fact that they had a slow home connection, which I felt would be a good fit with a ratio-free tracker. Within a week, the fucker had buffered his account with a friends seedbox to 525GBs. Over a year later, he has maybe 10GBs more. I don't know whether he leeches all the time and that is the result of his slow connection or whether he just barely touches his account now that the novelty wore off. Whatever, I couldn't do anything else with the invite except give it away to some random dude posting two ratio proofs and a speedtest.
    these days no one in the 'torrent scene' really appreciates sites for the content, especially ftn. Its simply a place to build your elite e-dentity, a trophy. its sad, because ftn is the ideal track for people with a slow home connection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swepsycho View Post
    revtt and tl is n00bs...
    Quote Originally Posted by Swepsycho View Post
    i don`t use mozilla n00b...... is addon in internet exp...?

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    That's my big complaint about general tracker forums - that no one seems to care about the content .The movie and TV sections are mostly comprised of what's the last movie you watched?
    Some people even put this like The.Tournament.2009.DVDRip.XviD-MoH That's not a movie that 's a release you fucking idiot.

Whew. that felt good. Been wanting to get that off my chest for a while.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    For most part i agree with OP observation and interpretion of what is going on here in FST giveaway forum and what goes on in those secret invite forum. This thread may start a new way to view those activities

U2VjdGlvbjQ3

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    That's my big complaint about general tracker forums - that no one seems to care about the content .The movie and TV sections are mostly comprised of what's the last movie you watched?
    Some people even put this like The.Tournament.2009.DVDRip.XviD-MoH That's not a movie that 's a release you fucking idiot.

Whew. that felt good. Been wanting to get that off my chest for a while.
    I couldn't agree more.

But if they rate it (always with a number between 5 and 10 rather than 1 and 10) it means I don't have to think for myself before watching.

@NippleCake: Exactly! So many new people around the scene think having a TB uploaded in a week makes them cool or something.
    Last edited by TrollinThunder; 10-23-2009 at 02:36 AM.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast