Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Are torrent invite communities really trading in disguise?

Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post
    Thanks for reducing my post to the most radical and basic derivatives.
    Don't expect an intellectual discussion on a forum where most people aren't capable of one.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by vergo View Post
    Don't expect an intellectual discussion on a forum where most people aren't capable of one.
    last time i checked, discussions were way more "intellectual" here than on any invites forum where ass kissing and hypocritical congratulations seems to be the norm..
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    That's my big complaint about general tracker forums - that no one seems to care about the content .The movie and TV sections are mostly comprised of what's the last movie you watched?
    Some people even put this like The.Tournament.2009.DVDRip.XviD-MoH That's not a movie that 's a release you fucking idiot.

Whew. that felt good. Been wanting to get that off my chest for a while.
    I'm glad you said that and I completely agree. Some take their time to put a rating besides the release. It's almost always a 9/10 (you can't give it a 10, that'd be weird, lol).
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    n00bz0r's Avatar Say what? BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by cinephilia View Post
    don't expect an intellectual discussion on a forum where most people aren't capable of one.
    last time i checked, discussions were way more "intellectual" here than on any invites forum where ass kissing and hypocritical congratulations seems to be the norm..
    qft

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by cinephilia View Post
    For most it's true. And it's not about asskissing as much as it's about the actual absence of intelect at most sites. 2+ line posts are a rarity and it's not only cause people try to inflate their post count; some are not fluent in english, others just don't have anything to say.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post
    Thanks for reducing my post to the most radical and basic derivatives.
    As far as I know it only takes two people to have a discussion ( or fight) so unless you want to amend "most people" to "no one " the comment is self negating.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Martinator View Post
    I'm glad you said that and I completely agree. Some take their time to put a rating besides the release. It's almost always a 9/10 (you can't give it a 10, that'd be weird, lol).
    I give that comment a 9/10.
    I'd have rated it a 10 but it's a little derivative ,lacks fluidity and the ending disappoints.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    [QUOTE=IdolEyes787;3315345]

I give that comment a 9/10.
    I'd have rated it a 10 but it's a little derivative ,lacks fluidity and the ending disappoints.
    Thanks!

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Benjamin's Avatar Poster
    It's not really a question, people don't just give away invites without expecting something back for themselves.
    "She tried to be sexy, I asked her can you stop, I want the real deal I don't want a hand job."

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
    It's not really a question, people don't just give away invites without expecting something back for themselves.
    Speak for yourself some like myself need nothing in return.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    You are absolutely 100% correct. The worst example I've seen of this is on a site called TTInvite, where invites are exchanged for 'invite points', and any user 'giving away' an invite can stipulate the number of invite points they want to receive in return. This basically means that trading is similar to a bartering-based economy, and invite giveaway communities are currency-based economies.

Then, the invite communities act all righteous and claim that "we're not causing any harm, we ban trades, we only do giveaways!"

The thing is, tracker staff who've given the issue some thought don't dislike trades any more than giveaways. Both of them are equally bad in our eyes, because both of them fundamentally undermine the reasons the torrent sites are invite only in the first place.

Torrent sites are invite-only because the admins need to keep the site secure and keep the economy working. Once random people start getting invited in, no matter if it's a trade or a giveaway, both of those pillars start collapsing. This is why the so-called 'anti-traders' who think they're all cool because they only give away invites really get to me.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast