Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yep, EmpireEFI Works: Make Your PC a Mac for FREE

SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    Yep, EmpireEFI Works: Make Your PC a Mac for FREE

Before I get this thing rolling – I want to tell you one thing. The tone which I’ve written this article may differ , its just to make it sound like a commercial product. I have no intentions of selling it or making profit out of it. This project will remain , free and I’ll be writing a guide on how to make your very own boot-132 disc so that you can pretty much help out the rest !

Introduction – Presenting Empire EFI. The one of the kind boot loader which all. Do take a look at what Empire EFI as to offer. Unlike other tutorials and guides and solutions , you don’t need a hackint0sh or Macintosh running OSX . Its possible to use this disc on a PC running Windows or Linux

As wise Darth Vader used to say (our CEO and Mentor):-

“You do not know the power of the dark side” – Darth Vader

Not only that. With the power of the dark side , you could save a bunch on building your very own Hackint0sh. Just take a look for yourself , (if you were to choose between Empire EFI and from our competitor)

Our Competitors Offering : USD$49.95 (Limited offer) + USD$ 29.99 (Snow Leopard) = ~USD$ 80

Our Solution : USD0 (for Empire EFI) + USD$ 29.95 = ~USD$ 30.00 (You Save USD$50) (That’s a lot , especially in bad times)

Do take a look at our screenshots if you are still not connivence of our product

So what are you waiting for. All you have to do is download. The dark side is very strong and now I do sense the force is flowing strong with you. Before you jump on with your Jedi Robes and a lightsaber. Keep in mind that Empire EFI only works on Intel Core 2 Duo , Core Duo , Atom , Core Solo , Core 2 Solo , Intel Xeon and Intel Core i7 . It doesn’t work on AMD processors nor older Intel processors and newer ones such as Intel Core i5 (although our Stormtroopers are working hard on this issue). It only works on Intel-based chipsets (i.e P35 , P33 , G33 , 945P , so on and so forth. For your information , Empire EFI doesn’t work on X58 boards yet) . Empire EFI works on laptops and as well as desktops (it has power management and battery indicator support out of the box for laptop users) and it has PS2 Keyboard and Mouse support for those who are still using PS/2 Keyboard for Desktop and for laptops as well (i.e built in keyboard and trackpad for laptops). For more details on installation , kindly refer to the read me file which is included in the download package. PLEASE DO READ THE READ ME , ITS VERY IMPORTANT !

Source: EmpireEFi
    Homepage: EmpireEFi
    Download Link: EmpireEFi | FileSharingTalk Usenet Download Here
    Screenshots: Empire 1 | Empire 2

Would you kindly download this and say piss off RebelEFI
    Last edited by SonsOfLiberty; 11-04-2009 at 01:47 AM.

2. News (Archive)   -   #2
    Its like Rebel EFI, but doesn't quite match up to the compatibilty yet.

3. News (Archive)   -   #3
    It is Rebel EFI.... Rebel EFI is using freeware they stole from the community.
    [center]

4. News (Archive)   -   #4
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    Excellent find, SonsOfLiberty! May the force be with you....

5. News (Archive)   -   #5
    I'm gonna play around with it some more later, here's a short guide:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How-to Install

1. Burn the ISO with your favourite tool (Windows 7 has Out of the box ISO burning tool).

I would recommend Nero or something. If you're burning it from Linux , there are lots

of tool such as cdrecord. I am not going to go in detail how to burn an ISO

2. Restart your computer (assuming the CD is in the drive)

3. As the computer boots up select Boot Options or Boot Menu Key (generally its

F12/F11/DEL or some key - You'll have to check with your motherboard manufacturer

for that)

4. Wait for a while as Empire EFI (Chameleon/boot-132) boots up

5. Once you see Darth Vader , wait for a while (I would recommend you to wait for

around a minute or so)

6. Eject your Drive. Simply eject it

7. Insert MacOS X Installation Disc (Snow Leopard Retail disc (The $29 disc) and not

upgrade discs/recovery disc which comes along with a genuine mac) and then press F5

8. Again wait for a while for Empire EFI to detect the disc, once it sees 'Mac OSX

Installation Disc' , select it and wait for the installation to start

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [center]

6. News (Archive)   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by SonsOfLiberty View Post
    It's exactly the same if you have compatible hardware. However Rebel claims to offer better compatibility through live support. Additionally, Empire does not work properly for all core 2 quads config. Better support is in the works, and i am going to test on my quad config.

Forgot to say thanks
    Last edited by atulb; 11-04-2009 at 02:51 AM.

7. News (Archive)   -   #7
    NZB Looter
    But does it work with some cloner/multi-boot managers? I'm using Bootit NG... so I dont' want EFI to wiped out my data by mistake!

8. News (Archive)   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by atulb View Post
    It's exactly the same if you have compatible hardware. However Rebel claims to offer better compatibility through live support. Additionally, Empire does not work properly for all core 2 quads config. Better support is in the works, and i am going to test on my quad config.

Forgot to say thanks
    You cannot even pay for Rebel EFI, there support is non-exsistent, actually, they have none, many users are saying they cannot get a refund or contact support, and if they do they never hear back...
    [center]

9. News (Archive)   -   #9
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Not sure if this is RebelEFI. The RebelEFI version offered more processors which were compatible, and reading around it seems that they worked.

This EmpireEFI has a smaller selection of compatible processors. For instance, no Core 2 Quad compatibility and that rules me out.

EDIT: I'd stear clear of this. I'm reading all the comments on Prasys’ Blog and not one person which has commented has gotten this working with either of the builds.
    Last edited by Skiz; 11-04-2009 at 03:50 AM.

yo

10. News (Archive)   -   #10
    Rebel EFI uses open source software in their application.

Empire EFI, just released 10/31/09 so yeah it's going to be buggy as hell..... a new build just came up, but like I said a few posts up, give it some time....I'll will be messing around with this in the mourning and the source were I got this from, not above, a few users got it to work.
    [center]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast